Company: Guardian Analytics
Location: Los Altos, CA
Guardian Analytics www.guardiananalytics.com is a leader in online banking security that detects and prevents Internet banking fraud. In the last year the company quadrupled its customer base, recently closed a long-term round of funding, and is growing. Our core predictive analytics are raising performance standards for anomaly detection and transaction monitoring. Come join our high-performance team in the heart of Silicon Valley, and help reduce cyber crime and have your work directly impact the company and customers' bottom line.
Research Scientist - Fraud Detection Algorithms
You are an accomplished mathematician/statistician and computer scientist able to develop, analyze and program cutting-edge algorithms based on Bayesian networks, probability theory and statistical and behavioral models at the core of Guardian Analytics' fraud prevention applications. You will extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms and underlying mathematical theory, and use your software and database skills to help design and implement core components of our algorithms and behavior models central to our anti-fraud SaaS solutions.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Math, CS or related engineering disciplines with focus and depth in mathematical algorithms, probability theory, statistical modeling, and machine learning techniques
- 2 years of recent experience in algorithm development and statistical analysis of massive datasets and events
- Proven ability to balance probability and statistical theory and algorithms science with pragmatic problem solving skills, and a track record of developing and applying advanced predictive algorithms and behavior models to solve real world data problems
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis, visualization, data mining tools such as R or MATLAB, Java programming, SQL, databases, data warehouses and OLAP tools
- Prior experience working in a software development environment required
- Experience in financial fraud a plus; strong interest and passion for the subject matter a must
Interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to company's recruiter at: