Analyze data to develop business and marketing operations, strategies and tactics to promote site traffic, increasing subscriber and customer acquisition by improving conversion, and increasing customer lifetime value.
Location: Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about large scale data analysis and modeling? Do you wish you had the opportunity to translate your ideas to practical solutions for some of the most interesting and challenging problems in the internet industry? And most importantly, are you excited to part of a fun, fast paced and growing team with lofty ambitions? We are, and you could be too!
Groupon is looking for creative and innovative minds to join the team to focus on strategic data analysis ideas that will propel the future growth of Groupon! As part of this team you will focus on various problems spanning the spectrum from user satisfaction, personalization, pricing, and optimization.
This function is responsible for analyzing our data to develop business and marketing operations strategies and tactics that promotes site traffic across marketing channels (SEM, SEO, Display, Email, CRM, etc), increases subscriber and customer acquisition by improving conversion, as well as increasing customer lifetime value. This role works with marketing business owners, campaign managers, and business intelligence from the central data infrastructure and warehousing teams to ensure that we are optimizing our spend efficiency and maximizing the key business and marketing operational performance measures.
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas. Extremely strong candidates with a BS and relevant work experience will be considered.
- Strong background in data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and modeling.
- Keen aptitude for large scale data analysis with a penchant for identifying key insights from data.
- Fluency in programming languages like C/C++/Java and scripting languages like Perl/Python, etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- PhD in data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, applied mathematics or equivalent.
- 3+ years hands-on practical experience with large scale data analysis
- Fluency in analytical tools such as SAS, R, etc.
- Ideal candidates have strong experience in computer science and a penchant and passion for data, statistics, operations research, mathematical modeling, forecasting, algorithms, workflow automation, business process, and customer relationship management.
We are growing fast -- come help us build a great team and a great company!
Req. ID 4499.
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer