DueDil: Junior Data Scientist
Help build the most exciting startup in Europe! DueDil answers the needs of the largest and fastest growing user base of B2B decision makers in the UK and is becoming the data backbone of business.
Location: London, UK
We want you to help us build the most exciting startup in Europe. DueDil answers the needs of the largest and fastest growing user base of business-to-business decision makers in the UK, and is on its way to becoming the data backbone of business. We've just opened up data in 20 new countries, closed a $5m Series A funding round, taken over a floor at the awesome new Warner Yard space in Clerkenwell, and are growing in every way possible.
We are looking for a talented junior data scientist to join our rapidly growing team in London. The individual's focus will be taking a data driven approach to understanding registered users and helping convert them into paying customers. The role will suit entrepreneurial, selfstarting and personable data scientists who find business information and the industries that use it fascinating.
- Analyse company data to identify usage patterns and clusters of activity among groups of users
- Correlate users behaviour with purchase patterns
- Devise new strategies and implement tactics to target users and lead them through the sales funnel
- Collaborate with members of the business development team to achieve ambitious growth targets
- Collect and analyse feedback from users to inform product development and the product roadmap
What we look for :
- B.S., M.S. in a quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, mathematics, economics, physics) or 2+ years of experience in a data mining/analysis oriented role in a technology or financial services company.
- You have experience using data analysis tools such as R, Matlab or Python for cleaning, processing and analysing large data sets
- You possess an analytical mind. You frame and approach problems from an analytical perspective, and you thrive on using real data to find answers to these questions.
- You have a strong grasp of statistics. You are comfortable performing statistical analyses and connecting the results of these analyses to realworld actions and events.
- You have experience of information retrieval, data mining, data visualization, and related topics.
- You have very strong written, verbal and visual communication skills, and a desire to speak with users and customers. You are able to formulate ideas and conclusions clearly and to present them effectively to team members across the entire organisation, technical and nontechnical alike.
Why work at Duedil?
Launched in April 2011, Duedil is the largest source of free private company information in the UK and Ireland. Duedil was founded by entrepreneur Damian Kimmelman in order to increase trust and transparency in business by harnessing the power of company information.
We're backed by some of the best investors in Europe, including Passion Capital, Notion Capital and a long list of Europe's most notable angel investors, as well as Oak Investment Partners in the US. We have been shortlisted for the €5 million Salesforce Innovation Challenge, two Guardian Digital Innovation 2012 awards, a finalist at the TechCrunch Europas, and winner of the 2011 GeeknRolla startup competition. Duedil has been featured in Wired, The Telegraph, The Times, TechCrunch, The FT, The New York Times, The Guardian, GigaOM, BBC, and more.
Our team is multidisciplinary, multinational and hails from the world's best universities and most innovative companies.
DueDil offers attractive perks and a competitive compensation package including options.