Jimdo: Data Engineer
Seeking a Data Engineer to be a part of Jimdo’s data team, using Data Science and Big Data tools to achieve data-driven goals.
With Jimdo’s simple, click to edit interface, our users can easily create their own beautiful websites. We pride ourselves in offering a website builder that is so easy to use that we even have passionate users past their retirement age. Jimdo offers graphical flexibility (use one of our templates, or create your own!) and high-quality presentation of images, videos, and text. Users from all over the world have created more than 15 million websites using Jimdo - and we’re happy to see the numbers continuing to grow exponentially!
We are a motivated team full of smart people. We enjoy offering our users quick, personalized, and friendly support. Every one of us is an expert in what they do and together, we try to achieve the best possible results. Working in a young and rapidly growing start-up comes with a lot of freedom and many possibilities to realize your ideas and personal development.
You have the option to start immediately in our Hamburg office. This is a full-time, open-ended position.
You’ll be part of Jimdo’s data team. Yep, we use data science and work with Big Data Tools but what’s even more important are the goals that we want to achieve. We want Jimdo to be data-driven and use it to make our platform even more awesome. This will involve the following tasks:
- Operating, optimising and further developing the system architecture.
- Development of Data Web Services for the Jimdo platform
- Developing appropriate ETL processes
- Automation of monkey tasks in the areas of development, operations and analytics.
- Requirement management and prioritisation
- Establish best practices in communication, cooperation and integration
- Close collaboration with different teams, such as the Shop, CMS and Payment teams
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of these programming languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, Scala
- Advanced Linux knowledge (Debian, Shell, POSIX, Packaging, Logging, Monitoring etc.)
- SQL knowledge would be a plus
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems such as Ansible
- You know how to use Version control systems (we use Git)
- You like using tools such as Mesos, Graphite, Vagrant, Logstash, Graylog2 and Open Source.
- You love distributed software systems
- Experience in the implementation and use of Web Services (REST)
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure like Amazon Web Services with a strong focus on flexible web service and analytics infrastructure (AWS EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift) Technical skills to process large data volumes
- Continuous integration and deployment are terms you love to hear
- An agile working style is normal for you (Kanban, Kaizen etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, high level of initiative and innovation.
- Always looking at the “bigger picture”, goal-focussed and a pragmatic way to approach tasks.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|