EMC Research: Data Scientist
Seeking a Data Scientist in our Columbus office. The Data Scientist will work with large data sets, cleaning, transforming, and aggregating data, build and maintain predictive models, and create static and dynamic data visualizations of survey data.
National Polling and Market Research firm seeks Data Scientist
EMC Research is a full-service research firm, specializing in polling,data analytics, audience targeting, focus groups, and public opinion research consulting with offices in Columbus, Oakland, Portland, Seattle, and Washington, DC. At EMC, we see research as a service, not just a product. We know it's not just about the numbers; it's what the numbers mean and how they can help our clients achieve their goals. Our clients include political campaigns, government agencies, corporations, nonprofits, transportation agencies, health care organizations, and others.
We are currently seeking a Data Scientist in our Columbus office. The Data Scientist will work with large data sets, cleaning, transforming, and aggregating data, build and maintain predictive models, and create static and dynamic data visualizations of survey data. The position requires a strong statistics and computing background and a desire to experiment with new technologies and data collection approaches.
The position will be filled by a person who is organized, capable of juggling complex projects with tight deadlines, and has at least two years of experience working with data and statistics. An interest in politics and campaigning is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- In-depth understanding of statistical theory
- Proficiency in a statistical programming language such as R or Python (strong knowledge of C++, Java,or a similar language may suffice; knowledge of SPSS, SAS or Stata is a plus)
- Proficiency and creativity in visualizing, analyzing, and communicating insights from data
- Expertise in managing complex datasets, importing, merging, and reshaping data
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- General interest in politics
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
- Expertise with the statistical programming language R
- Familiarity with databases, SQL and other database schemata
- Experience with predictive modeling, machine learning, and/or clustering and classification techniques
- Experience with GIS
This position requires a self-motivated, data-focused problem solver who is interested in social behavior, public opinion and politics, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. EMC is an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive salaries and generous benefits, in addition to a casual and fun work environment.
To apply, please email a current resume and cover letter with the subject line reading “Data Scientist Position in Columbus Office” to: email@example.com.