GuideOne: Business Intelligence Consultant
Seeking a Business Intelligence Consultant, responsible for providing Claims, Sales, Marketing and Commercial Lines areas with business recommendations in a clear and concise manner to upper management; assisting in the development of Commercial business plans and strategies; and benchmarking and monitoring the performance of competitors.
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Position: Business Intelligence Consultant
- Do you have a strong Business acumen?
- Do you have proven results with developing and implementing Business strategies?
- Have you worked with Commercial lines Insurance for at least 3 years?
- Do you have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Business Intelligence & analytical position?
- A change leader with excellent communications, collaboration and project management skills?
If you answered yes to the questions above, YOU could be our ideal candidate!
This Business Intelligence Consultant is responsible for providing Claims, Sales, Marketing and Commercial Lines areas with business recommendations in a clear and concise manner to upper management; assisting in the development of Commercial business plans and strategies; and benchmarking and monitoring the performance of competitors.
- Develops and continually enhances monitoring mechanisms that regularly demonstrate the performance and trends of commercial lines. Analyzes performance indicators and trends, researches causes and anomalies, recommends corrective action steps as appropriate, and compares results to peer companies as possible.
- Performs quarterly business reviews and assists in the development of the annual commercial business plan.
- Performs corporate competitive analysis including creating a financial profile of our competitors, monitoring their financial performance, identifying their strengths, weaknesses and strategic initiatives and recommending strategies to exploit such. In addition, from this information gathered, identifies and recommends possible merger and acquisition targets.
- Examines, evaluates and understands the commercial statistical information available from all internal data sources. Makes recommendations for improvements and ways to leverage information available.
- Researches and understands the latest commercial trends such as alternatives to reinsurance, captives and brokerage arrangements.
- Assists in the development of the short and long term strategic direction of Commercial Lines and recommend high-level action steps for implementing these strategies. Establishes statistics and reports that monitor the progress of strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Assists in the due diligence process of Commercial mergers or acquisitions.
- Assists in the analysis and research of new Commercial niches.
- Assists other commercial departments with numerical support of projects.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in business intelligence and analytics positions providing insights and recommendations to management and/or six years of experience in the property casualty insurance industry developing a broad understanding of product knowledge, business acumen and analytics.
- 5 years of experience with data retrieval and reporting tools (e.g. IBM Cognos, Tableau or similar business intelligence tools).
Preferred experience and credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Finance, Actuarial Science, Computer science or related field of study, or equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Experience managing analytical projects.
- Experience in building and supporting business cases for change due to analytical insights.
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies preferred.
- Experience or familiarity in data architecture and data modelling desired.
- Clear understanding and buy in into the company's business strategy.
- Strong computer skills – e.g SQL, Excel, Cognos, Tableau and Microsoft Office.
- Predictive modelling skills – experience with SPSS, R or similar.
- Strong financial analytics skills – Segmentation analysis of premium and Loss data identifying trends.
- Intermediate competitive analysis skills – Ability to analyze competitive information looking for like comparison to Guide one products and pricing segments.
- Intimate knowledge of Commercial Lines data sources and data acumen (or ability and desire to learn).
- Good understanding of Commercial products and services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to present analytic results in layman’s terms.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develops and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven project management skills.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas.
Rich Benefits Package:
- 401K includes up to 3% match and 4% discretionary for a total of up to 7% at 100%
- Generous time off program including, vacation, volunteer time off and holiday pay
- Flexible work schedules
- Business casual everyday with jeans on Friday
- Wellness incentives of up to $500 a year
- Free Basic Life & AD&D
- Free short -term and long-term disability
- Educational assistance program
- 3 different medical plans options to meet individual needs, including dental and vision
- Various employee events coordinated by our fun committee
- Onsite shop services including oil changes, massages and full mailing station
- Company sponsored community volunteer opportunities
- Free parking, employee gardens, and so much more
No immigration sponsorship is offered for this position
Background Check Required