Foot Locker: Scrum Master
Seeking an experienced Scrum Master to guide and coach multiple Scrum Teams within the growing Data team at Foot Locker, Inc. This individual will be responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and facilitating scrum ceremonies.
At: Foot Locker
Location: Bradenton, FL
Position: Scrum Master
Are you an experienced Scrum Master? Are you interested in guiding and coaching highly talented group(s) of individuals who are transforming our Customer experiences? Do you have experience being a Scrum Master on multiple teams?
You came to the right place! We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master to guide and coach multiple Scrum Teams within the growing Data team at Foot Locker, Inc. This individual will be responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and facilitating scrum ceremonies and is expected to increase team efficiency. This role will help motivate the team, and encourage changes that will ensure quality and timeliness of team deliverables. The ideal candidate will be a servant-leader who will be able to successfully coach multiple teams, within the Scrum principles, in order to deliver high-quality features for the teams’ products.
- Guide and coach the Scrum team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guide and coach the Scrum Team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example
- Guide and coach multiple Scrum teams (2-3) with different team sizes, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.
- Responsible for facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, backlog grooming / refinement and retrospective meetings
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution for the team(s)
- Remove internal or external impediments or guide the team to remove impediments
- Ensure observance of DoD (definition of done)
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (i.e. grooming) and managing the product backlog, to ensure that the work is well understood so the team can continually make progress
- Assess the Scrum maturity of the team and the organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and the organization
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- At least 5 years of experience in software development with at least 2 years of dedicated full-time Scrum Master experience in software development
- Experience being a Scrum Master on multiple Scrum teams
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and DevOps
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Experience in applying Scrum patterns and techniques (like Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Master of JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Bachelors’ degree required
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- Scrum Master experience including recent experience within ecommerce environments working with consumer facing web applications; retail is a plus