Intuit: Sr Data Scientist, Business Analytics [Mountain View, CA]
Intuit is seeking a Senior Analyst who will partner with our product management team to measure product feature usage, understand customer behavior, therefore improve customer user experience. The successful candidate will have a strong combination of both technical data skills and excellent communication skills.
Location: Mountain View, CA
Position: Senior Data Scientist, Business Analytics
Come join Intuit as a Senior Data Scientist, Business Analytics, in the Data Analytics & Science team. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion to deliver data-driven insights. This position works alongside product manager, product developer, and analytics partners to deliver business results using data for insights and optimization.
The Small Business Data Analytics & Science team drives user growth and retention using product insights and marketing optimization for the Small Business Group (i.e. Intuit QuickBooks). We are an exciting, growing and fun team that works with industry-leading analytics tools, techniques and best practices.
We are seeking a Senior Analyst who will partner with our product management team to measure product feature usage, understand customer behavior, therefore improve customer user experience. The successful candidate will have a strong combination of both technical data skills and excellent communication skills.
- Partner with Product Management by providing actionable insights from data to deliver awesome use experiences for QuickBooks customers
- Proactively perform data exploration on user behavior to discover opportunities for designing personalization algorithms
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with huge data sets.
- Create dashboards to understand early user engagement and proactively come up with ideas to improve product experience
- Work side-by-side with cross-functional team including product managers, software engineers, and designers to improve product feature design and user experience
- Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 4+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging analytics to drive significant business impact.
- Advanced SQL skills to get the data you need from a warehouse (Vertica, Hive, SparkSQL, etc) and perform data segmentation and aggregation from scratch
- Proficiency in visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as R or Python with scikit-learn.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to influence decision makers and build consensus with teams
- BS, MS, or PhD in an appropriate technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research).
Preferred Additional Experience
- Experience in data mining algorithms and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, random forest, neural network, support vector machines, recommendation engine, sequential pattern discovery, and text mining.
- Strong background working with machine learning methods and experience in implementing and extending ML algorithms.
- Apache Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Ensemble Methods, Deep Learning, and other topics in the Machine Learning community
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation.
Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|