- New Frontiers in SETI Research - Jul 30, 2012.
Gerry Harp, who has taken over Jill Tarter's job as research director at the SETI Institute, has high hopes for the hunt for alien life
- With SAS Analytics, Castle Worldwide boosts confidence in testing results - Jul 30, 2012.
Castle Worldwide uses SAS Analytics to help meet the moral and legal burdens of proof and the measurement accuracy required for standardized tests. Castle VP Robert Pedigo said, "Using open-source software such as R was out of the question - we couldn't guarantee a perfectly repeatable outcome".
- Actuate, KXEN Launch Dash for Gold - Jul 29, 2012.
Does per capita wine consumption affect who stands on the podium? Dash for Gold provides intuitive dashboards to analyze medal counts and uses KXEN to predict outcomes
- A Memristor True Random-Number Generator - Jul 23, 2012.
Taiwan engineers invented a low-power circuit that can generate true random digits using natural electronic "noise".
- Nodeable brings Twitter Big Data Tool the Cloud - Jul 21, 2012.
Nodeable new service StreamReduce is a cloud-hosted real-time big data analytics product, based on Storm engine acquired by Twitter last year.
- Analytics software market strong - Jul 12, 2012.
The global market for business analytics software grew roughly 14% in 2011, fueled by hype about "big data" and new technological innovations. IDC predicts the market size will be $51B by 2016.
- At Augaroo, big data you can see and touch - Jul 10, 2012.
Augaroo product ZoomData lets businesses to create and work with charts and graphics that depict their data on iPads and other Web-enabled devices.
- Stats Can Trip Up Scientific Data Fabricators - Jul 8, 2012.
Research data that are "too good to be true" may soon be routinely revealed using a statistical method developed by a Wharton professor Uri Simonsohn.
- Tipflare: Two MIT Seniors Build A One-Stop Shop For Recommendations On Anything - Jul 8, 2012.
Tipflare focuses in on giving users one place to find quality recommendations on books, movies, songs, and restaurants.