Academic and Research Positions
- Research Assistant, Jr. Researcher in Complex Event Processing at NCSR Demokritos, Greece - Nov 21, 2013.
The Software and Knowledge Engineering Laboratory at NCSR Demokritos is looking for a research assistant and a junior researcher in the Complex Event Recognition group.
- PhD position on Big Data Mining for Customer Analytics at Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium - Nov 15, 2013.
Development of new predictive data mining techniques tailored to big data; and application to a variety of marketing analytics and risk management domains, with a focus on scalability and privacy.
- Professor (Open Rank) in Data Science/Big Data at WPI - Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA - Nov 15, 2013.
WPI invites applications for a tenure track (open rank) Professor position in Computer Science or Mathematics with a research focus in Data Science to begin in the Fall of 2014.
- Multiple PhD vacancies on Process Mining at TU/E, Technical University Eindhoven, Eindhoven, Netherlands - Nov 9, 2013.
Several PhD vacancies for people with a strong background in data mining, machine learning, process analytics, predictive analytics, or Big Data.
- Postdoc in machine learning/data mining at Bristol, Bristol, UK - Nov 7, 2013.
Looking for highly experienced postdocs to work on the SPHERE (a Sensor Platform for Healthcare in a Residential Environment) project - great opportunity to make your mark in machine learning and data mining for health applications. Apply by Dec 2.
- 4 Postdoc Positions In CS and Population Genetics at Project Sage, UK, Germany, Austria - Nov 5, 2013.
Four outstanding postdoctoral candidates are required to support the 2M euro EU-funded project "Speed of Adaptation in Population Genetics and Evolutionary Computation" (SAGE).
- Adjunct Faculty, develop and teach courses Data Mining, Data Science, Business Analytics at NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies, New York, NY or telecommute - Oct 31, 2013.
Seeking industry practitioners to develop and teach courses in the areas of Data Mining, Data Science or Business Analytics. We are interested in faculty with advanced degrees and experience teaching courses on-site, on-line or in a blended format.
- Assistant/Associate Professor, Tenure-Track, Data Mining or Cybersecurity at Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA - Oct 18, 2013.
Outstanding candidates in all areas of computer science will be considered, with priority given to candidates with a research focus in either Data Mining or Cybersecurity, both defined broadly.
- Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Computer Science (Data Management) at Dept. of CS, U. of Helsinki, Finland - Oct 17, 2013.
The U. of Helsinki, a top ten European university, seeks faculty in data management including distributed DB, management of big data systems, data models and data description languages. Apply by Oct 31.
- Open Rank Faculty of Business Practice at University of Miami, School of Business Administration, Coral Gables, FL - Oct 4, 2013.
We are particularly interested in individuals who have extensive experiences in business and marketing analytics, data visualization, data mining and machine learning.
- Faculty, Data Analytics at UTexas, Austin, TX - Oct 3, 2013.
The School of Information at U. of Texas at Austin looks for full-time, tenure-track junior and senior faculty, especially in the areas of data analytics, human-computer interaction, and archival studies.
- Operations and Information Management Faculty at The Wharton School, U. of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA - Sep 26, 2013.
Seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at any level, with focus on in decision-making, information technology, information-based strategy, operations management, and operations research.
- Postdoc in machine learning/data mining/personalization at U. California, Riverside, Riverside, CA - Sep 24, 2013.
In collaboration with Dr. Michael Pazzani, the postdoc will be conducting research on recommendation systems & personalization in the mobile context and/or data mining of spatial temporal, textual, or multi-media data.
- Postdoc in medical text analysis, recommendation systems, data mining at Clemson, Clemson, SC - Sep 17, 2013.
Projects will focus on the analysis of medical texts, data mining, knowledge discovery, and recommendation systems. Strong implementation skills are required.
- Faculty (Open Rank), Biomedical Informatics, Big Data Mining at VCU, Richmond, VA - Sep 14, 2013.
VCU is looking for tenure-track positions at all levels, with a special interest in candidates with research focus on biomedical informatics and big data mining who are open to conducting interdisciplinary research.
- Faculty Data Analytics/Predictive Analysis in Public Affairs at University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD - Sep 14, 2013.
The successful candidate must be well versed in the Certified Analytics Professional domains of practice - business issue identification; analytics problem framing; data, methodology, and model building; implementation; and, model life cycle management - and be able to teach these practices effectively.
- Junior Data Scientist at Milano Ricerche, Milan, Italy - Sep 9, 2013.
Hiring graduate students for 1-year Junior Data Scientist positions, for developing new concepts and tools in 1) On line Social Networks, 2) Internet of Things/Services, or 3) Big and open data analytics.
- Postdocs in CS, IR, Machine Learning, Data Analysis at HIIT, Helsinki, Finland - Aug 31, 2013.
Many postdoc positions at Aalto U. and U. of Helsinki in Algorithms, Bioinformatics, Human-Computer Interaction, Information retrieval, Logic, Machine Learning, Networks, and Statistical Data Analysis. Apply by Sep 30.
- Research Assistant, Analytics at U. of Paderborn, Paderborn, Germany - Aug 30, 2013.
Participate in the research of applications and algorithms for machine learning / data mining, on topics like predictive maintenance or recommender systems.
- Director of the Center for Data Science at Lansing Community College, Lansing, MI - Aug 29, 2013.
Lead the newly created Center for Data Science, oversee and coordinate all LCC research efforts and initiatives supporting institutional effectiveness and planning.
- Scientists and Postdocs at QCRI, Doha, Qatar - Aug 27, 2013.
Seeking talented scientists and software engineers at all levels to join our team and conduct world-class data mining and machine learning research focused on tackling large-scale computing challenges.
- Two Graduate Research Assistant Positions at Tennessee Tech U., CS Program, Cookeville, TN - Aug 22, 2013.
Positions are in the field of Knowledge Discovery, with a focus in the application areas of Healthcare Informatics and Graph-Based Anomaly Detection.
- Assistant Professor of Business Analytics at University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Knoxville, TN - Aug 16, 2013.
A primary research interest in developing analytic tools relevant to business is expected. Publication in top journals desired, and an interest in collaboration and experience with finding solutions to business problems.
- Faculty positions in Analytics at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore - Aug 14, 2013.
Looking for candidates with PhD degrees in (Applied) Math, Engineering, CS, Econometrics, OR, and related fields, with expertise in Data mining of huge data sets, Statistics, Traffic management, routing and scheduling.
- Tenure-track Asst. Professor, Stat-Computational-TT at CSU East Bay, San Francisco area, CA - Aug 2, 2013.
Teach undergraduate/MS courses in Statistics/ Computational Statistics/Analytics/Probability Theory and Modeling/Biostatistics (if applicable), sustain related research program