Academic, Research Positions in Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science
To place a Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, or Machine Learning academic or research position here, email University, Location, Position Title, URL, and a short Description (300 chars or less) to .
See also industry jobs in data mining and analytics.
See also industry jobs in data mining and analytics.
- Software Engineering Positions (Prof/AProf/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer) at Monash University, Clayton, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. - Apr 24, 2017. Under the leadership of the new Dean, Professor Jon Whittle, the Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University is seeking to expand its existing expertise in the area of Software Engineering with at least three new academic appointments, including at least one at the Professorial level.
- Postdoctoral Associate in Data Mining and Bioinformatics at SUNY Buffalo, Buffalo, NY. - Apr 19, 2017. The State University of New York at Buffalo is seeking a Postdoctoral Associate in the areas of machine learning and bioinformatics. The major research focus is on developing machine learning and mathematics methodologies to address the computationalchallenges of analyzing massive data for various biomedical applications. Applicants should submit a CV, two representative publications, and the names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references to: Dr. Yijun Sun: yijunsun[AT]buffalo[DOT]edu.
- Data Scientist at The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, MD. - Apr 14, 2017. Are you passionate about providing real impact to the country's toughest national security problems? Are you searching for engaging work with an employer that prioritizes continual innovation? The CWMD Analytic Systems Group of the Asymmetric Operations Sector is looking for a Data Scientist to develop inventive, cutting-edge prototype solutions for challenges in data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence. Our team is looking to provide our nation with ground-breaking capabilities that bridge the gaps between data, real-world people and events and the prediction of events of national importance.
- Junior research chair in Data Science for Earth, Space and Environmental Sciences at Univ. Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble, France. - Apr 14, 2017. Université Grenoble Alpes invites applications for a 3-year junior research chair in Data Science for Earth, Space and Environmental Sciences. The successful candidate will develop or apply data science methodology to Earth, Space and Environmental Sciences at Grenoble Alpes Data Institute. Applications before May, 21st 2017. Starting in October 2017. contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track, Master of Science in Analytics Program at University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA. - Apr 4, 2017. This position is open in the field of analytics and data science and doctoral areas include, but are not limited to applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, operations research, accounting, economics, and finance. The successful candidate will be expected to teach graduate courses in the Analytics Program and may also teach undergraduate courses in Data Science. Position to begin August 2017.
- Assistant/Associate Professors of Data Science/Data Analytics/Decision Science/Cloud Computing at Florida Polytechnic University, Lakeland, FL. - Mar 31, 2017. Florida Polytechnic University invites applications for the position Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Data Science/Data Analytics/Decision Science. Candidates must be able to teach advanced level and lower division classes in the data science field, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Please click URL for more info.
- Professor, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair, Biomedical Engineering at University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada. - Mar 28, 2017. The University of Calgary invites applications for a tenured Professor position with investigators in the Biomedical Engineering (BME) Calgary Initiative. The successful candidate will be nominated for an NSERC Tier 1 Canada Research Chair. Please visit the above URL for more information.
- Assistant Professor, Machine Learning, Experimental modelling (System identification) at IMT Lille Douai, Lille, France. - Mar 28, 2017. IMT Lille Douai, member of the Institut Mines-Télécom (www.imt.fr/en) is seeking candidates for a tenured assistant professor position, specialized in data mining, machine learning and experimental modelling. For more information: ia.ur.mines-douai.fr/en/job-opportunities. Closing date: 23 April 2017.
- Full Professor Database Technology at Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands. - Mar 22, 2017. The candidate should be an authority in a core area of Database Technology, and be able to teach courses on all basic topics within the broader Database Technology field (including Big Data Analytics, Data Warehousing/OLAP, Web Data Management, Data-driven Web applications, and Database systems. We expect the candidate to have a clear and compelling world-class research agenda.
- PhD student in Computer and Systems Sciences with focus on Data Science at Stockholm University, Sweden. - Mar 15, 2017. The Department of Computer and Systems Sciences at Stockholm University is seeking a PhD student with focus on Data Science, to develop a generic framework that will advance the current state-of-the-art in the areas of temporal Data Mining and Healthcare Informatics.
- Postdoc Position in Data Mining and Constrained Optimization at The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia. - Mar 6, 2017. The Department of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne has an opening for a postdoctoral research fellow on the project "Data Driven Decision Making for Complex Problems" which is funded by the Australian Research Council.
- PostDoc in Anomaly Detection for Network Security at TU Wien, Vienna, Austria. - Feb 26, 2017. Postdoc position in a research project on smart grid security with focus on anomaly detection. Solid background in data analysis methods (e.g., statistical analysis, machine learning, clustering, outlier detection) required. Application reviews start immediately.
- Fully Funded Positions for Exceptional Doctoral Students at Helsinki ICT network, Finland. - Feb 21, 2017. HICT is a joint initiative by Aalto U. and the U. of Helsinki, the two leading universities in Finland, conducts research in Algorithms and machine learning; Life science informatics; Networks, networked systems and services; Software and service engineering and systems; and User centered and creative technologies. Funding available for exceptional doctoral students.
- Li Dak Sum Chair Professor in Computer Science at University of Nottingham Ningbo, China. - Feb 21, 2017. An attractive package including accommodation allowance, travel allowance and insurance will be provided for international appointments. Informal enquires and applications shall be addressed to Professor Guoping Qiu, Guoping.Qiu@nottingham.edu.cn
- Postdoc in Data Mining for Traffic Data Analysis at U. of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark. - Feb 14, 2017. The position is part of a project in urban traffic management and will have a focus on data mining and data visualization aspects for intelligent traffic systems. The position is initially available for one year starting on 1 April 2017 (or soon thereafter). Experience in one or more of the following areas is an advantage: Intelligent traffic systems, Data visualization, Spatio-temporal data, Stream data processing. Apply by March 10, 2017.
- Professor, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair, Biomedical Engineering at University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada. - Feb 06, 2017. The University of Calgary invites applications for a tenured Professor position with investigators in the Biomedical Engineering (BME) Calgary Initiative. The successful candidate will be nominated for an NSERC Tier 1 Canada Research Chair.
- Assistant Professor Business Data Analytics at Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI. - Feb 02, 2017. Required: Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Statistics, or closely related field. Prior teaching experience at College/University level or at least 2 years work experience in data analysis, statistics, consulting/research or closely related field.
- Paid Internship - Mobility, Big Data and machine Learning at Telefonica Research, Barcelona, Spain. - Feb 01, 2017. Interns will work in the area of characterizing mobility semantics by combining geolocated social media, open datasets and anonymized cell phone records of a city. The datasets are already available.
- Assistant professorship (Juniorprofessur/W1) big data: in-memory databases and data analytics at Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany. - Jan 13, 2017. We seek applicants who investigate big data methods, in particular in-memory databases and data analytics, the integration of analytics functionality into in-memory databases, graph and RDF databases, document databases and text mining, large-scale reasoning, the semantic integration of data from various sources and applications in the natural and life sciences. Contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Kramer (email@example.com).
- Amazon IISc Young Scientist Big Data Fellowship at The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India. - Jan 6, 2017. Seeking applicants for this fellowship, sponsored by Amazon India and hosted by IISc. This is an 18-month postdoctoral fellowship targeted at outstanding researchers working on Foundations of data science, or Interface between theoretical and practical aspects of machine learning. Apply by Jan 30, 2017