Academic, Research Positions in Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science
To place a Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, or Machine Learning academic or research position here, email University, Location, Position Title, URL, and a short Description (300 chars or less) to .
See also industry jobs in data mining and analytics.
See also industry jobs in data mining and analytics.
- Fully Funded Positions for Exceptional Doctoral Students at Helsinki ICT network, Finland. - Feb 21, 2017. HICT is a joint initiative by Aalto U. and the U. of Helsinki, the two leading universities in Finland, conducts research in Algorithms and machine learning; Life science informatics; Networks, networked systems and services; Software and service engineering and systems; and User centered and creative technologies. Funding available for exceptional doctoral students.
- Li Dak Sum Chair Professor in Computer Science at University of Nottingham Ningbo, China. - Feb 21, 2017. An attractive package including accommodation allowance, travel allowance and insurance will be provided for international appointments. Informal enquires and applications shall be addressed to Professor Guoping Qiu, Guoping.Qiu@nottingham.edu.cn
- Postdoc in Data Mining for Traffic Data Analysis at U. of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark. - Feb 14, 2017. The position is part of a project in urban traffic management and will have a focus on data mining and data visualization aspects for intelligent traffic systems. The position is initially available for one year starting on 1 April 2017 (or soon thereafter). Experience in one or more of the following areas is an advantage: Intelligent traffic systems, Data visualization, Spatio-temporal data, Stream data processing. Apply by March 10, 2017.
- Professor, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair, Biomedical Engineering at University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada. - Feb 06, 2017. The University of Calgary invites applications for a tenured Professor position with investigators in the Biomedical Engineering (BME) Calgary Initiative. The successful candidate will be nominated for an NSERC Tier 1 Canada Research Chair.
- Assistant Professor Business Data Analytics at Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI. - Feb 02, 2017. Required: Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Statistics, or closely related field. Prior teaching experience at College/University level or at least 2 years work experience in data analysis, statistics, consulting/research or closely related field.
- Paid Internship - Mobility, Big Data and machine Learning at Telefonica Research, Barcelona, Spain. - Feb 01, 2017. Interns will work in the area of characterizing mobility semantics by combining geolocated social media, open datasets and anonymized cell phone records of a city. The datasets are already available.
- Assistant professorship (Juniorprofessur/W1) big data: in-memory databases and data analytics at Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany. - Jan 13, 2017. We seek applicants who investigate big data methods, in particular in-memory databases and data analytics, the integration of analytics functionality into in-memory databases, graph and RDF databases, document databases and text mining, large-scale reasoning, the semantic integration of data from various sources and applications in the natural and life sciences. Contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Kramer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Amazon IISc Young Scientist Big Data Fellowship at The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India. - Jan 6, 2017. Seeking applicants for this fellowship, sponsored by Amazon India and hosted by IISc. This is an 18-month postdoctoral fellowship targeted at outstanding researchers working on Foundations of data science, or Interface between theoretical and practical aspects of machine learning. Apply by Jan 30, 2017
- Academic Director Data Science Online MS & Special Professional Faculty at U. of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN. - Dec 28, 2016. Seeking an experienced, energetic, and collaborative colleague to lead new online MS program in Data Science from inception, articulating a strong vision and executing on that vision with integrity and efficacy.
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Machine Learning by Bayesian Optimisation for Experimental Research in Quantum Nanodevices at U. of Oxford, Oxford, UK. - Dec 23, 2016. The aim is to develop and apply Bayesian Optimisation for measurements of single-molecule devices, and to train them on simulated experimental data. Fixed-term for up to three years. Deadline: 5 Jan.
- Senior Researcher or PhD Position in Question Answering at University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany. - Dec 21, 2016. The candidate should have experience in semantic technologies, natural language processing and/or machine learning (including deep learning).
- TecnioSpring Data Mining Fellowship at IRIS Advanced Engineering, Barcelona, Spain. - Dec 21, 2016. Experienced researcher to carry out different data mining projects with emphasis on industrial applications. This is a 24-month fellowship targeted at persons with a Ph.D. or similar research experience. Apply by Jan 9, 2017.
- Faculty position in Big Data at University of Liege, Belgium. - Dec 15, 2016. 5-year full-time faculty position in Big Data in the Department of EECS to be filled by Oct 1, 2017. Apply by Jan 15, 2017
- Assistant Professor of Computing and Information Studies at Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, PA. - Dec 07, 2016. Seeking a Data Scientist for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position. We are searching for a colleague with interdisciplinary interests in the field of computing and with a particular focus in topics of data analysis and modeling as applied across all liberal arts fields.
- Faculty in Machine Learning at University of Edinburgh, Scotland. - Dec 01, 2016. We seek candidates with research interests and experience in the theory and application of machine learning methods, with substantial publication records and strong research potential. Apply by Jan 31, 2017
- Amazon IISc Young Scientist Big Data Fellowship at The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India. - Nov 28, 2016. Seeking applicants for this fellowship, sponsored by Amazon India and hosted by IISc. This is an 18-month postdoctoral fellowship targeted at outstanding researchers working on Foundations of data science, or Interface between theoretical and practical aspects of machine learning.
- Assistant Professor in Data Science at DePaul University, Chicago, IL, USA. - Nov 22, 2016. Seeking an Assistant Professor in Data Science to be part of one of the fastest growing and most highly recognized data science programs in the country.
- Assistant/Associate Professor at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA. - Nov 22, 2016. Seeking candidates with teaching and scholarly interests with some combination of data analytics, international development planning, housing and community development, and environmental planning.
- Assistant Professor, Data Science/Machine Learning at UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA. - Nov 22, 2016. Dept. of CS at UCSB (www.cs.ucsb.edu) invites applications for multiple tenure-track Assistant Professor appointments, effective July 1, 2017. We are especially interested in the areas of data science and machine learning.
- Postdoc fellowships at U. Barcelona, Spain. - Nov 21, 2016. The Dept. de Matemàtiques i Informàtica (Mathematics and Computer Science) is looking for and willing to support excellent postdoctoral researchers in the fields of Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Human-Computer Interaction who are interested in applying for a Beatriu de Pinós (BP) 2016 fellowship so as to conduct a two-year postdoc at Universitat de Barcelona.
- Tenture-Track Assistant Professor or Associate Professor at Aarhus University, Denmark. - Nov 18, 2016. Short description: One or more positions as tenure-track assistant professor or associate professor are available at the Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University, Denmark (www.cs.au.dk) starting Summer 2017.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at Georgia State U, Atlanta, GA, USA. - Nov 17, 2016. The Experimental Economics Center at Georgia State University, together with the Department of Surgery at the Emory University School of Medicine, has one opening for a Post-Doctoral Fellow to engage in collaborative research projects. Topics include experimental and behavioral economics of healthcare, health information technology, and clinical decision support.
- University Professor for Computer Science with a focus on Data Science at U. of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria. - Nov 17, 2016. The professorship is embedded in an appealing environment of existing competencies close to the field of Data Science, for instance, in the areas of robot learning, computer vision, business processes, recommender systems, simulation and visualisation, high-performance computing, semantic technologies, signal and image processing, compressed sensing and dictionary learning.
- PhD Research Assistantships at Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA. - Nov 16, 2016. The CODED lab in the Dept. of Information Science at Drexel University invites applications for two funded PhD student research positions. Areas of focus include NLP, ML, social information processing, and computational social science. Please send inquiries to Jake[dot]Williams[at]drexel[dot]edu.
- Teaching Faculty, Machine Learning at CMU, Pittsburgh, PA. - Nov 16, 2016. CMU has the world’s only academic Machine Learning Department, and is seeking a Teaching Faculty member to lead efforts in modernizing the teaching of machine learning inside the university and to remote locations.
- Tenure-track faculty positions at Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR. - Nov 16, 2016. School of EECS at OSU invites applications for one or more full-time tenure-track and/or tenured faculty positions in Computer Science. Areas of focus include AI and Machine Learning, Systems and Security, Databases, Software Engineering, and Programming Languages.
- Faculty in Big Data, Security, and Computer Systems at Habib University, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Karachi, Pakistan. - Nov 14, 2016. Multiple, open-rank positions from candidates with expertise in topics related to Big Data, Security, and Computer Systems; specifically Computer Networks and High Performance Computing. Appointment is expected to begin August 1, 2017. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Assistant Professor (2 positions) at Iowa State University, Ames, IA, USA. - Nov 08, 2016. Dept. of Computer Science at Iowa State University seeks outstanding applicants for two tenure-track faculty positions at the rank of Assistant Professor.
- Two-years postdoctoral position on Contextual recommendations at U. of Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble, France. - Nov 08, 2016. This project aims at investigating how various techniques of using the contextual information can be combined into a single recommendation approach to improve recommendation accuracy. These techniques will be applied in a real use-case provided by our industrial partner, Total.