Academic, Research Positions in Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science
To place a Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, or Machine Learning academic or research position here, email University, Location, Position Title, URL, and a short Description (300 chars or less) to .
See also industry jobs in data mining and analytics.
See also industry jobs in data mining and analytics.
- Full Professor Database Technology at Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands. - Mar 22, 2017. The candidate should be an authority in a core area of Database Technology, and be able to teach courses on all basic topics within the broader Database Technology field (including Big Data Analytics, Data Warehousing/OLAP, Web Data Management, Data-driven Web applications, and Database systems. We expect the candidate to have a clear and compelling world-class research agenda.
- PhD student in Computer and Systems Sciences with focus on Data Science at Stockholm University, Sweden. - Mar 15, 2017. The Department of Computer and Systems Sciences at Stockholm University is seeking a PhD student with focus on Data Science, to develop a generic framework that will advance the current state-of-the-art in the areas of temporal Data Mining and Healthcare Informatics.
- Postdoc Position in Data Mining and Constrained Optimization at The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia. - Mar 6, 2017. The Department of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne has an opening for a postdoctoral research fellow on the project "Data Driven Decision Making for Complex Problems" which is funded by the Australian Research Council.
- PostDoc in Anomaly Detection for Network Security at TU Wien, Vienna, Austria. - Feb 26, 2017. Postdoc position in a research project on smart grid security with focus on anomaly detection. Solid background in data analysis methods (e.g., statistical analysis, machine learning, clustering, outlier detection) required. Application reviews start immediately.
- Fully Funded Positions for Exceptional Doctoral Students at Helsinki ICT network, Finland. - Feb 21, 2017. HICT is a joint initiative by Aalto U. and the U. of Helsinki, the two leading universities in Finland, conducts research in Algorithms and machine learning; Life science informatics; Networks, networked systems and services; Software and service engineering and systems; and User centered and creative technologies. Funding available for exceptional doctoral students.
- Li Dak Sum Chair Professor in Computer Science at University of Nottingham Ningbo, China. - Feb 21, 2017. An attractive package including accommodation allowance, travel allowance and insurance will be provided for international appointments. Informal enquires and applications shall be addressed to Professor Guoping Qiu, Guoping.Qiu@nottingham.edu.cn
- Postdoc in Data Mining for Traffic Data Analysis at U. of Southern Denmark, Odense, Denmark. - Feb 14, 2017. The position is part of a project in urban traffic management and will have a focus on data mining and data visualization aspects for intelligent traffic systems. The position is initially available for one year starting on 1 April 2017 (or soon thereafter). Experience in one or more of the following areas is an advantage: Intelligent traffic systems, Data visualization, Spatio-temporal data, Stream data processing. Apply by March 10, 2017.
- Professor, Tier 1 Canada Research Chair, Biomedical Engineering at University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada. - Feb 06, 2017. The University of Calgary invites applications for a tenured Professor position with investigators in the Biomedical Engineering (BME) Calgary Initiative. The successful candidate will be nominated for an NSERC Tier 1 Canada Research Chair.
- Assistant Professor Business Data Analytics at Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI. - Feb 02, 2017. Required: Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Statistics, or closely related field. Prior teaching experience at College/University level or at least 2 years work experience in data analysis, statistics, consulting/research or closely related field.
- Paid Internship - Mobility, Big Data and machine Learning at Telefonica Research, Barcelona, Spain. - Feb 01, 2017. Interns will work in the area of characterizing mobility semantics by combining geolocated social media, open datasets and anonymized cell phone records of a city. The datasets are already available.
- Assistant professorship (Juniorprofessur/W1) big data: in-memory databases and data analytics at Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany. - Jan 13, 2017. We seek applicants who investigate big data methods, in particular in-memory databases and data analytics, the integration of analytics functionality into in-memory databases, graph and RDF databases, document databases and text mining, large-scale reasoning, the semantic integration of data from various sources and applications in the natural and life sciences. Contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Kramer (email@example.com).
- Amazon IISc Young Scientist Big Data Fellowship at The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India. - Jan 6, 2017. Seeking applicants for this fellowship, sponsored by Amazon India and hosted by IISc. This is an 18-month postdoctoral fellowship targeted at outstanding researchers working on Foundations of data science, or Interface between theoretical and practical aspects of machine learning. Apply by Jan 30, 2017
- Academic Director Data Science Online MS & Special Professional Faculty at U. of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN. - Dec 28, 2016. Seeking an experienced, energetic, and collaborative colleague to lead new online MS program in Data Science from inception, articulating a strong vision and executing on that vision with integrity and efficacy.
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Machine Learning by Bayesian Optimisation for Experimental Research in Quantum Nanodevices at U. of Oxford, Oxford, UK. - Dec 23, 2016. The aim is to develop and apply Bayesian Optimisation for measurements of single-molecule devices, and to train them on simulated experimental data. Fixed-term for up to three years. Deadline: 5 Jan.
- Senior Researcher or PhD Position in Question Answering at University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany. - Dec 21, 2016. The candidate should have experience in semantic technologies, natural language processing and/or machine learning (including deep learning).
- TecnioSpring Data Mining Fellowship at IRIS Advanced Engineering, Barcelona, Spain. - Dec 21, 2016. Experienced researcher to carry out different data mining projects with emphasis on industrial applications. This is a 24-month fellowship targeted at persons with a Ph.D. or similar research experience. Apply by Jan 9, 2017.
- Faculty position in Big Data at University of Liege, Belgium. - Dec 15, 2016. 5-year full-time faculty position in Big Data in the Department of EECS to be filled by Oct 1, 2017. Apply by Jan 15, 2017
- Assistant Professor of Computing and Information Studies at Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, PA. - Dec 07, 2016. Seeking a Data Scientist for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position. We are searching for a colleague with interdisciplinary interests in the field of computing and with a particular focus in topics of data analysis and modeling as applied across all liberal arts fields.
- Faculty in Machine Learning at University of Edinburgh, Scotland. - Dec 01, 2016. We seek candidates with research interests and experience in the theory and application of machine learning methods, with substantial publication records and strong research potential. Apply by Jan 31, 2017