- Faculty in Quantitative Analysis at U. of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA. - Aug 29, 2016. Applicants must have a PhD in Decision Sciences, Data Science, or related areas, ability to teach in MBA and Executive Education formats, and a strong research record.
- Data Mining Positions at TU/e, Netherlands. - Aug 11, 2016. The Data Mining group at TU/e (Netherlands) has open PhD and Postdoc positions in predictive analytics and visual analytics in a few projects in collaboration with industry and visualization and security research groups
- PhD scholarship in Machine Learning for Cyber Security at U. of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia. - Aug 07, 2016. Investigate the role of machine learning in detecting and classifying malware in mobile devices, and develop novel approaches to protect mobile devices from malware.
- 3 PhD Studentships at The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK. - Aug 03, 2016. Positions in Web-scale research analytics for identifying high performance and trends: data-driven approaches to scientometrics; Large-scale information extraction from unstructured textual resources; Discovering semantic relationships in large textual collections with applications to recommender systems for research
- PhD scholarships in Data Mining, Optimisation, AI, and related topics at U. University of Nottingham Ningbo, Ningbo, Cina. - Jul 29, 2016. The research projects are multidisciplinary in nature and will involve solving business problems related to designing, planning, controlling and improving of operations and management processes. The scholarships will be attractive to researchers from a range of industrial, engineering, computer science or management backgrounds. Apply by 15 Aug 2016
- Director for the Institute for CyberScience at Penn State, State College, PA. - Jul 28, 2016. The successful candidate will be an accomplished scholar with the vision and leadership to direct the ICS and its advanced computing resources.
- PhD student in pattern discovery for biology at U. of Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium. - Jul 26, 2016. Four year doctoral position for data scientist to develop and study novel pattern-mining algorithms to incorporate contextual biomolecular information in approaches to discover patterns that are novel, interesting and unexpected from high-scale biological data. Strong data science skills required, no prior biology knowledge expected.
- Research Fellow - Data Science at Monash U, Melbourne, Australia. - Jul 21, 2016. As the Research Fellow, you will play a critical role working with the staff and students of the faculty to conduct joint research with external industry and research partners applying advanced data analytics to solve scientific and industrial problems.
- Postdoc in Brain Injury in Contact Sports (Football, Soccer) at U. Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX, USA. - Jul 21, 2016. Do you want to make sports safer for young athletes? Do you thrive on the challenge of analyzing rich datasets such as multimodal neuroimaging (MRI, MEG, EEG), biomechanical forces, & cognitive scores? If so we encourage you to check out our post-doc position to apply your machine learning skills to discover associations between head impacts, cognition and brain health.
- Postdoc in Deep Learning for Neuroimaging at U. Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX, USA. - Jul 21, 2016. Do your strengths include deep learning algorithm development for big data analytics? Do you enjoy training CNNs with complex feature hierarchies? If so we encourage you to learn about our post-doc opening to use your skills to uncover neuroimaging (PET, MRI, MEG) correlates to guide clinical decision making & enable outcome predictions in brain injury & neurodegenerative diseases.
- Postdoc in Imaging Genetics and Machine Learning at U. Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX, USA. - Jul 21, 2016. Are you interested in making a difference helping doctors combat neuropsychiatric and neurodevelopmental brain disorders? Would you like to bolster career success receiving close mentorship from interdisciplinary mentors? Click the link to learn about our post-doc opening and apply your experience in imaging & genomic data analysis and ML algorithm development.
- PhD student at Leiden University, The Netherlands. - Jul 19, 2016. How are tasks in data mining and data science best implemented? Languages such as Python, R, Matlab and C++ are popular choices. Are these languages however the easiest and the most scalable? This project will study the use of declarative languages in data science.
- Ph.D. student at Data Science Centre at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Eindhoven, The Netherlands. - Jul 06, 2016. a Ph.D. position on Mining Customer Behavior in collaboration with BrandLoyalty. We support the personal and carrier development and provide a nice environment to work and live with excellent infrastructures. Deadline: 31 July.
- Tenured Faculty Data Science position at Monash University, Sydney, Australia. - Jul 05, 2016. Monash University is seeking to appoint an outstanding data scientist to a tenured Faculty position. We offer excellent conditions in a great place to work and live. Closing date Thursday 14 July 2016, 11:55pm AEST.
- Post-Doc Position In Natural Language Processing at Center for Data Science and Public Policy at U. Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA. - Jun 28, 2016. Are you interested in using your natural language processing skills to make a social impact? Want to work with the White House and a team from government, academia, and industry to change how job training programs are created all over the US? The Center for Data Science & Public Policy at the University of Chicago has Post-Doctoral Fellowships for post-docs with a strong background in machine learning and natural language processing and a passion for social impact and public policy.
- Business Analytics & Information Systems Lecturer (req 69158) at U. Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA. - Jun 28, 2016. supervise 4 or more sections per academic year of the undergraduate experiential Business Analytics Capstone course. The position also includes a Director role in Tippie Analytics Cooperative. Apply by July 1. Applicants will be considered until the position is filled.
- Lecturer: Business Analytics & Information Systems (req 69157) at U. Iowa, Iowa City, IA, USA. - Jun 28, 2016. Seeking lecturer positions teaching topics in business analytics and information systems in the undergraduate, Master’s, and MBA programs starting August 17, 2016. Submit application by July 1.
- IBM Social Good Fellow
at IBM, Yorktown Heights, NY, USA. - Jun 23, 2016. An opportunity for graduate students/postdocs to develop their skills and develop data science solutions that benefit humanity. Mentored by leading IBM Research scientists and engineers at the T. J. Watson Research Center, fellows use data mining, machine learning, analytics, operations research, statistics, and mobile computing methods to complete projects with social impact.
- Data quality postdoc at McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada. - Jun 23, 2016. The Data Science Lab at McMaster University seeks candidates for a postdoc fellowship. Candidates with research experience in data quality, data profiling, data cleaning, data privacy, and machine learning are particularly suitable. The position is available starting Fall 2016, with an initial appointment for one year and renewable up to two years.
- Post Doc Causality and Machine Learning at UPSud Paris-Saclay, Gif-sur-Yvette (near Paris), France. - Jun 22, 2016. The Machine Learning and Optimization (TAO) group of the Laboratory of Research in Informatics (LRI) is seeking a postdoctoral researcher for working at the interface of machine learning and causal modeling.
- Empire Scholar (Associate Professor, Professor) at SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY. - Jun 20, 2016. We are seeking an expert in psychiatric genomics to fill a tenured Associate/Full Professor position as part of the New York State Empire Innovator Program (EIP). The candidate’s research should focus on neuropsychiatric disorders and neurodevelopment. Areas of interest include bioinformatics, computational genetics, and machine-learning. Significant current external research funding is required.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow - Building Data Analytics at Fraunhofer USA, Boston, MA. - Jun 17, 2016. We seek a Post-Doctoral Fellow to work with Fraunhofer’s interdisciplinary Building Energy Technologies team to develop, test, and evaluate algorithms using CT and interval electric field data.
- Assistant Professor of Marketing at Yale School of Management, New Haven, CT. - Jun 13, 2016. Seeking applications from graduating students, post-docs and others who have the potential to become outstanding scholars.
- Data Scientist at USC, Los Angeles, CA. - May 31, 2016. Looking for a data scientist to join our team and create analytical solutions for business problems in fundraising. This position is responsible for generating solutions for existing problems and studying the business to ask (and answer) questions nobody has asked before.
- Research Assistant (Rugby Union) Data Scientist / Machine Learning Specialist at Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff, Wales. - May 19, 2016. A full-time Data Science position is available to support a collaborative research project between Cardiff Metropolitan University and World Rugby. The project aims to; examine the subsequent injury risk following concussion in professional Rugby Union players, and to develop an associated software analysis tool using machine learning.
- PhD Position in Intelligent Recommender Systems at Oslo and Akershus University, Oslo, Norway. - May 10, 2016. The area of research is recommender systems and information retrieval systems. The project will investigate the enhancement of Intelligent Recommender Systems with novel artificial intelligent tools such as Deep Learning. The data available for this project consists of book-records with both professional meta-data and user-generated content.
- PhD Position in AI, Machine Learning at Oslo and Akershus University, Oslo, Norway. - May 10, 2016. AI-based Software Tool for Memory Training for Dementia: We want to develop different methods within statistics/machine learning (personalized learning) to optimize test/learning tools procedures. In particular, input from the patients while they use the test/learning tool will be used to gradually optimize the tools.
Past Academic Research Positions2016: Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan