2014 Aug Top Tweets
All (106) | Courses, Education (7) | Meetings (8) | News, Features (24) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (33) | Publications (8) | Software (7) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (6)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 27-28: Worst Venn Diagram ever? KDD-2014: Biggest and Best Data Science Meeting
- Aug 29, 2014.
Worst Venn Diagram ever?; New Microsoft Azure SQL Database service tiers with reduced pricing; KDD-2014 - The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting; NYTimes on KDD-2014: Looking to the Future of Data Science.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-26: KDD-2014 organizers (including Gregory) Ice Bucket challenge
- Aug 27, 2014.
KDD-2014 organizers, including Gregory, take Ice Bucket challenge; Most important APIs every Data Scientist should know; Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations; Artificial Dataset Generation for Machine Learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 22-24: A Day in the Life of a Functional Data Scientist; Keeping up to date
- Aug 25, 2014.
A Day in the Life of a Functional Data Scientist; How to keep yourself up to data on Data Science, Data Mining; Automatic Storytelling: How to Build Your Very Own Data Scientist ; Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 20-21: Deep Learning book and more; Sibyl: Google Large Scale Machine Learning
- Aug 22, 2014.
Deep Learning book draft - read and help improve it; Deep Learning - important resources for learning and understanding; Sibyl: Google's system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Excellent Intro to Deep Learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 18-19: Big Data moves to “Trough of Disillusionment” in Gartner Hype Cycle
- Aug 20, 2014.
Big Data moves to "Trough of Disillusionment" in Gartner Hype Cycle; Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining; Statistics.com Online Courses and Certificate Programs in Data Science; Exploring Hotel Review Data from Trip Advisor with R.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 15-17: Top Research Leaders in Data Mining; Hbase; Job Interview
- Aug 18, 2014.
The top 5 Questions a Data Scientist should ask during a job interview; Top Research Leaders in Data Mining, Data Science, and KDD; Least popular jobs for big data practitioners; Graduate Programs in #BigData Analytics and Data Science.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 13-14: Boyfriend as a statistically “significant” other
- Aug 15, 2014.
xkcd: Boyfriend as a statistically "significant" other; Interesting Social Media Datasets; Sibyl: a System for Large Scale Machine Learning at Google; We don't need such hype: "Big Data scientists get 100 recruiter emails a day".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 11-12: The entire global economy in one chart; New heroes of #BigData and Analytics
- Aug 13, 2014.
The World Bank sums up the entire global economy in one chart; The new heroes of #BigData and Analytics - Chief Data Officers; Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business; Watch: "Building Recommender Systems" by Netflix Research/Eng Director.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 8-10: Forget SQL vs NoSQL. New trend is HTAP: Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing
- Aug 11, 2014.
Forget SQL vs NoSQL. New trend is HTAP: Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing; Metrics that Matter - The Key to Perfect Dashboards; Machine Learning Tutorial: The Max Entropy Text Classifier ; Six Thinking Hats and the Life of a Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 6-7: Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs?
- Aug 8, 2014.
Becoming a Data Scientist: MS Program, Bootcamp, or MOOCs?; Statistics is the *least* important part of data science; New Poll: What languages you used for analytics / data mining in 2014; If you love Pizza and #DataScience, here is a unique job for you.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 4-5: Ensemble Methods, a brief history; Data Scientist role shifting
- Aug 6, 2014.
Ensemble Methods are the backbone of #MachineLearning - a brief history; Data Scientist role shifting, with companies focusing on Developers; To add #MachineLearning for Python, scikit-learn; for Hadoop: Mahout; Meet Fortune 2014 #BigData All-Stars: data scientists, entrepreneurs, CEOs.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 1-3: Open Source Data Science Masters plan
- Aug 4, 2014.
Open Source #DataScience Masters plan, with courses from Coursera, Stanford, edX; Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications; Markov Chains, key #MachineLearning technique, nice visual explanation; Data Science with #Python: Part 1.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 30-31
- Aug 1, 2014.
What are the differences between Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, etc; Where do the most romantic US singles live?; 7 signs you're too smart for the job? Not a #BigData problem; Guidelines for statistical education.