2014 Sep Publications
All (89) | Courses, Education (10) | Meetings (7) | News, Features (22) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (20) | Publications (8) | Software (4) | Top Tweets (10) | Webcasts (8)
- Book: Frequent Pattern Mining - Sep 25, 2014.
Frequent pattern mining is one of the distinguished problems in data mining. Learn about methods, domains, and applications of frequent pattern mining in this comprehensive survey of the field.
- Predictive Analytics Using Oracle Data Miner - Sep 24, 2014.
Learn about basic data mining concepts and how to apply data mining techniques to your data using Oracle SQL and Data Miner tools in this new book.
- KDnuggets 14:n25, Data Science is mainly a Human Science; edX Learning from Data - Sep 24, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories: Data Science is Mainly a Human Science; "Learning From Data" Caltech course - free on edX; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book and more.
- Key Bioinformatics Terms for Data Scientists - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn key bioinformatics terms including the various "-omics" and the differences between the types of DNA and RNA to help you understand one of the key applications of data science.
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft) - Sep 20, 2014.
A free online book explaining the core ideas behind artificial neural networks and deep learning (draft), with new chapters added every 2-3 months.
- KDnuggets 14:n24, Hiring Data Scientists; Most Viewed Machine Learning, Data Mining Talks - Sep 18, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, Software, News, Opinions, Interviews, Reports, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- What is Big Data – answers from thought leaders - Sep 12, 2014.
What do you think when you hear “big data”? Maybe take a moment and think about this, before you let all the opinions below influence you.
- KDnuggets 14:n23, My KDD-2014 Report; Data Science for Humans or Machines? Labor Day 2050 - Sep 3, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including my KDD-2014 report: The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting; The Magic Module network and Privacy vs Big Data; Sibyl: Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning.