Principles of Database Management: The Practical Guide to Storing, Managing and Analyzing Big and Small Data
This comprehensive textbook teaches the fundamentals of database design, modeling, systems, data storage, and the evolving world of data warehousing, governance and more.
by Lemahieu W, vanden Broucke S., Baesens B.
The book is basically offered as a service and comes with the following:
- A website with additional information (on-line appendices, endorsements, extra exercises and case studies, media coverage, etc.)
- Free YouTube lectures for each of the 20 chapters which facilitates the usage of the book in a flipped classroom setup
- Free PowerPoint slides (in English + Mandarin) for each of the 20 chapters
- Free on-line multiple choice quiz tool
- A solutions manual with the solutions to all multiple choice and open questions available to instructors.
- An online playground with diverse environments, including MySQL for querying; MongoDB; Neo4j Cypher; and a tree structure visualization environment. You can log on with user: demo and password: demo. The playground can also be downloaded as a Dockerfile.
- Full-color illustrations throughout the text
- Extensive coverage of important trending topics, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data integration, data quality, data governance, Big Data, and analytics
- Hundreds of examples to illustrate and clarify the concepts discussed that can be reproduced on the book’s companion online playground
- Case studies, review questions, problems, and exercises in every chapter
If interested, you can order an inspection copy here.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|