2020 Sep Opinions
All (88) | Events (1) | News, Education (12) | Opinions (17) | Top Stories, Tweets (10) | Tutorials, Overviews (48)
- New Poll: What Python IDE / Editor you used the most in 2020? - Sep 22, 2020.
The latest KDnuggets polls asks which Python IDE / Editor you have used the most in 2020. Participate now, and share your experiences with the community.
- The Potential of Predictive Analytics in Labor Industries - Sep 22, 2020.
Predictive analytics isn't just for white-collar work. Check out these five examples that show its potential in blue-collar jobs and industries as well.
- I’m a Data Scientist, Not Just The Tiny Hands that Crunch your Data - Sep 21, 2020.
Not everyone "gets" the role of the Data Scientist -- including management. While there can be frustrating aspects of being a data scientist, there are effective ways to go about fixing them.
- What an Argentine Writer and a Hungarian Mathematician Can Teach Us About Machine Learning Overfitting - Sep 21, 2020.
This article presents some beautiful ideas about intelligence and how they related to modern machine learning.
- How to Effectively Obtain Consumer Insights in a Data Overload Era - Sep 17, 2020.
Everybody knows how important is understanding your customer, but how to do that in an era of Information Overload?
- Unpopular Opinion – Data Scientists Should Be More End-to-End - Sep 17, 2020.
Can a do-it-all Data Scientist really be more effective at delivering new value from data? While it might sound exhausting, important efficiencies can exist that might bring better value to the business even faster.
- Here’s what you need to look for in a model server to build ML-powered services - Sep 15, 2020.
More applications are being infused with machine learning while MLOps processes and best practices are becoming well established. Critical to these software and systems are the servers that run the models, which should feature key capabilities to drive successful enterprise-scale productionizing of machine learning.
- 6 Common Mistakes in Data Science and How To Avoid Them - Sep 10, 2020.
As a novice or seasoned Data Scientist, your work depends on the data, which is rarely perfect. Properly handling the typical issues with data quality and completeness is crucial, and we review how to avoid six of these common scenarios.
- Let’s Be Honest: We’re Drowning in Data - Sep 10, 2020.
The fields of Big Data, Data Analytics/Science, and Data Integration need to face a new truth: We are drowning in data, more and more so every second of every day.
- 8 AI/Machine Learning Projects To Make Your Portfolio Stand Out - Sep 9, 2020.
If you are just starting down a path toward a career in Data Science, or you are already a seasoned practitioner, then keeping active to advance your experience through side projects is invaluable to take you to the next professional level. These eight interesting project ideas with source code and reference articles will jump start you to thinking outside of the box.
- What Does It Take to be a Successful Data Scientist? - Sep 8, 2020.
What is the right approach to earning your stripes and calling yourself a successful data scientist?
- Modern Data Science Skills: 8 Categories, Core Skills, and Hot Skills - Sep 8, 2020.
We analyze the results of the Data Science Skills poll, including 8 categories of skills, 13 core skills that over 50% of respondents have, the emerging/hot skills that data scientists want to learn, and what is the top skill that Data Scientists want to learn.
- 9 Developing Data Science & Analytics Job Trends - Sep 7, 2020.
With so much disruption in 2020 already, a recent report by Burtch Works looks ahead to next year and beyond, and shares insights about how today's hiring market trends may impact our work lives for years to come.
- How To Decide What Data Skills To Learn - Sep 4, 2020.
Read this article to learn about getting the most valuable skills on the job market.
- The Most Important Data Science Project - Sep 4, 2020.
What is the project every data scientist must do?
- Here is What I’ve Learned in 2 Years as a Data Scientist - Sep 2, 2020.
In this article, for the first time, I’ll consolidate everything that I’ve learned and condense all of these into 5 lessons that I’ve learned in 2 years as a data scientist.
- Top Online Masters in Analytics, Business Analytics, Data Science – Updated - Sep 1, 2020.
We provide an updated list of best online Masters in AI, Analytics, and Data Science, including rankings, tuition, and duration of the education program.