The Best Courses for AI from Universities with YouTube Playlists
Kickstart a new career or develop your current one with these YouTube playlists by trusted Universities!.
Image by Author
When you’re looking to start something new, it’s really hard to find which is the best. There are a multitude of AI courses available online, and it can get very tiresome to weave through the different ones and try to determine which is the right one.
Creating a study plan can exhaust you enough and lead to decision fatigue. So I’ve decided to take the work off your shoulders and have created a list of the best courses for learning about machine learning and artificial intelligence, with YouTube playlists.
This list consists of courses that have been created by trusted Universities. You may find that some of the courses are similar, which is normal. I have provided a range as I understand everybody learns differently, some like presentations, and some are particular about the voice they are learning from. To cater to everybody, I hope you find this list helpful.
Let’s get straight into it!
Stanford University Courses
Stanford University is well known for being one of the world's leading research and teaching institutions and providing insightful courses. Below is a list of courses with their respective YouTube playlists.
- CS221 - Artificial Intelligence: Principles and Techniques - YouTube Playlist
- CS224U: Natural Language Understanding - YouTube Playlist
- CS224n - Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning - YouTube Playlist
- CS224w - Machine Learning with Graphs - YouTube Playlist
- CS229 - Machine Learning - YouTube Playlist
- CS230 - Deep Learning - YouTube Playlist
- CS231n - Convolutional Neural Networks for Visual Recognition - YouTube Playlist
- CS234 - Reinforcement Learning - YouTube Playlist
- CS330 - Deep Multi-task and Meta-Learning - YouTube Playlist
- CS25 - Transformers United - YouTube Playlist
Carnegie Mellon University Courses
Carnegie Mellon University aimed to create problem solvers, drivers of innovation and pioneers in technology and the arts. They provide a good range of courses that can help you kickstart and elevate your career in artificial intelligence. With the developments in Large Language Models (LLMs) and NLP’s role, below is a list of courses that will help you better understand the theory and building of LLMs.
- CS 10-708: Probabilistic Graphical Models - YouTube Playlist
- CS/LTI 11-711: Advanced NLP - YouTube Playlist
- CS/LTI 11-737: Multilingual NLP - YouTube Playlist
- CS/LTI 11-747: Neural Networks for NLP - YouTube Playlist
- CS/LTI 11-777: Multimodal Machine Learning - YouTube Playlist
- CS/LTI 11-785: Introduction to Deep Learning - YouTube Playlist
- CS/LTI 11-785: Neural Networks - YouTube Playlist
- CS/LTI Low Resource NLP Bootcamp 2020 - YouTube Playlist
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Courses
Another well-known university that focuses on private research and the advancement of knowledge and education in areas such as science and technology. These courses have a heavier focus on deep learning.
- 6.006 - Introduction to Algorithms - YouTube Playlist
- 6.S191 - Introduction to Deep Learning - YouTube Playlist
- 6.S094 - Deep Learning - YouTube Playlist
- 6.S192 - Deep Learning for Art, Aesthetics, and Creativity - YouTube Playlist
DeepMind x UCL
DeepMind researchers are in collaboration with University College London (UCL) to offer students comprehensive courses to better understand AI.
- COMP M050 - Introduction to Reinforcement Learning - YouTube Playlist
- Deep Learning Series - YouTube Playlist
Wrapping it up
This list was curated to cater to all different types of levels and understanding. You may be completely new to AI and this is the first time you’re hearing a lot of new terminology. You may be a machine learning engineer who wants to learn more about LLMs and NLP.
I hope this list has taken a bit of the weight off your shoulders, and provided you with an easier study plan and guide to learning more about AI.
Nisha Arya is a Data Scientist, Freelance Technical Writer and Community Manager at KDnuggets. She is particularly interested in providing Data Science career advice or tutorials and theory based knowledge around Data Science. She also wishes to explore the different ways Artificial Intelligence is/can benefit the longevity of human life. A keen learner, seeking to broaden her tech knowledge and writing skills, whilst helping guide others.