- KDnuggets™ News 15:n35, Oct 28: Data Science Machine; Programming: Python vs R; KDnuggets Addiction - Oct 28, 2015.
The Data Science Machine, or 'How To Engineer Feature Engineering'; Data Science Programming: Python vs R; Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction; How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience.
- On the Shelf: Data Science Books - Apr 28, 2015.
Here are some great books About Data Science, Data Science for Businesses, Data Science in Popular Culture, Data Science How Tos & Manuals, and more - brought to you by UC Berkeley online Master of Information and Data Science.
- Year in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in September - Dec 30, 2014.
One pattern is random, other is machine-generated. Can you guess which?; 14 Awesome (and Free) #DataScience Books; Dilbert 20 funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining, privacy; Watch: Statistical, Machine learning with R, great 15 hour online course.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 24-26: Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete - Oct 27, 2014.
Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete; Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine with SQL interface; Data Mining Reveals How News Coverage Varies Around the World; 3 Great (and Free) Data Science Books You Can Read Now.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-16 - Sep 17, 2014.
14 Awesome (and Free) Data Science Books on Statistical and Machine Learning; Mining Massive Datasets, free on Coursera, by top Stanford researchers - starts Sep 29; Nike: Senior Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 17-19: Learning from Data: Caltech free online course; Data scientists most used tools: SQL, R, Python, Excel - Jan 20, 2014.
Learning from Data: Caltech free online course, now with captions in 40 languages; Data scientist most used tools: SQL (71%), R #rstats (43%), Python (41%), Excel (36%); 13 Machine Learning and Data Mining Books for Data Scientists; The Power of Bubble Charts to display data in 4 dimensions