- Key Takeaways from Strata + Hadoop World 2017 San Jose, Day 2 - Mar 29, 2017.
The focus is increasingly shifting from storing and processing Big Data in an efficient way, to applying traditional and new machine learning techniques to drive higher value from the data at hand.
- Data Science & Ancestry - Dec 17, 2016.
Ancestry is curious topic for many people to find out their origin and history. Today, data science is used to help these people to dig into their family history and build the family trees.
- Interview: Slava Akmaev, Berg on Healthcare Transparency & Effectiveness using Big Data - Mar 9, 2015.
We discuss Big Data Analytics at Berg, making Healthcare effective through Big Data, impact of falling cost of DNA sequencing, Berg AI-Analytics Suite and more.
- Genetics as a Social Network – A Data Scientist Perspective - Jan 19, 2015.
You can think about a cell’s genetics as a huge social network. We can then take the DNA sequences of the transcription factor footprints associated with each gene and predict the proteins bound to these regulatory regions, and in this way reconstruct the genetic regulatory networks in every cell type.
- Key Bioinformatics Terms for Data Scientists - Sep 22, 2014.
Learn key bioinformatics terms including the various "-omics" and the differences between the types of DNA and RNA to help you understand one of the key applications of data science.