- GE Intelligent World Hackathon: Insights from Street Lights - Jul 7, 2016.
In the Intelligent World Hackathon, running now through August 2, you can be one of the first developers to access GE smart LED streetlight network data and build urban apps on Predix, GE’s new IIoT data analytics platform.
Energy, GE, Hackathon, IoT
- Interview: Beena Ammanath, GE on Data Science – It’s Not Just Science! - Mar 24, 2015.
We discuss benefits and challenges of Data Lake, trends, life lessons, motivation, desired skills, and more.
Beena Ammanath, Challenges, Data Analytics, Data Lakes, Data Science, GE, Interview, Trends
- Interview: Beena Ammanath, GE on the Industrial Internet for Data-driven Innovation - Mar 23, 2015.
We discuss the role of Analytics at GE, Industrial Internet and how it is different from consumer internet, and the key capabilities of Predix.
Analytics, Beena Ammanath, Data Science, GE, Industrial Internet, Innovation, Interview, Predix, Software
- Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit, Australia: Day 1 Highlights - Oct 22, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from GE Capital, Datawatch and MapR Technologies on day 1 of Big Data & Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Sydney, Australia.
Conference, Data Visualization, Datawatch, GE, Hadoop, IE Group, MapR, Sydney-Australia
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 10-12: 7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World - Oct 13, 2014.
7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World; R and #DataScience Webinar slides - status, why, code examples; Another list of 200+ #BigData thought leaders to follow on Twitter; Popular #BigData predictive apps and APIs.
API, Data Science, GE, Humor, IBM, Kaggle, R
- August 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Sep 3, 2014.
August 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Infosys, Enlitic, Guavus, Google buys Jetpac, Algorithmia, MedAssets buys Sq2, Yahoo buys Zofari, Adatao.
Acquisitions, Companies, Deep Learning, GE, Google, Startups, Yahoo
- July 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Aug 7, 2014.
July 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Twitter buys Madbits, WalmartLabs buys Luvocracy, Zillow buys Trulia, Apple buys Booklamp, Yahoo buys Flurry, Salesforce buys RelateIQ, Couchbase, GE, Databricks, and more.
Acquisitions, Apple, Companies, Databricks, GE, Salesforce, Startups, Twitter, Yahoo, Zillow
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 10-11: Data scientist cartoon – too busy recommending; Julia: One Language to Rule Them All - Feb 12, 2014.
Data scientist cartoon - too busy recommending things ...; Julia: One Programming Language to Rule Them All; Anaconda: free enterprise-ready Python distribution for large-scale data processing; 10 Most Innovative Companies in #BigData: GE, Kaggle, Ayasdi, IBM, Mount Sinai ...
Anaconda, Ayasdi, Cartoon, GE, Julia, Kaggle, Python
- FastCompany 10 Most Innovative Companies in Big Data - Feb 10, 2014.
Big Data-driven companies can now map your genome, find the best fit for clothing, and improve student grades, but it all comes at the expense of much reduced privacy. Here are 10 most innovative Big Data companies according to Fast Company.
Ayasdi, Fast Company, GE, IBM, Innovation, Kaggle, Knewton, The Weather Company