- 2018 IEEE Big Data Cup - Feb 16, 2018.
The IEEE Big Data conference series started in 2013 has established itself as the top tier research conference in Big Data. We invite industrial, government, and academic organizations to submit proposals to organize a Data Challenge for the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- IEEE ICDM 2017 Call For Award Nominations, due Aug 15 - Jul 20, 2017.
Nominations sought for outstanding research and service contributions in the field of data mining and data science.
- IEEE Big Data 2016 keynotes, tutorial presentations - Jan 29, 2017.
Read the keynote and tutorial presentations on important topics including Big Data and Privacy, Mining Unstructured Text Data, Database Decay and How to Avoid It, Trajectory Data Mining, and more.
- Cognitive and Data Sciences Education Workshop, Las Vegas, Oct 23 - Sep 27, 2016.
Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Sciences brings together faculty, academic and industry leaders to explore how to rapidly evolve academic and research programs to satisfy the exploding demand for graduates skilled in cognitive and data sciences. Register today!
- ICDM 2015: IEEE Int. Conference on Data Mining, Nov 14-17, Atlantic City - Sep 10, 2015.
Upcoming IEEE conference on data mining promises the dissemination of innovative, practical development experiences, as well as industry-leading guest speakers.
- ICDM 2015 Student Travel Grants - Sep 2, 2015.
ICDM 2015 is able to offer travel grants to full-time students. The purpose of the student travel grants is to encourage graduate student participation at the conference by partially funding the costs of students.
- IEEE ICDM 2015 Call For Research and Service Award Nominations - Jul 17, 2015.
The IEEE ICDM awards recognize influential research contributions to the field of data mining, and major service contributions that have promoted data mining as a field and ICDM as the world premier research conference. Nominations due Aug 15.
- ICDM 2015: Nobel Prize Winner, Machine Learning Guru, and Facebook Data Scientist to Keynote - Apr 7, 2015.
Nobel Prize Winner, Machine Learning Guru, and Facebook Data Scientist will be keynote speakers for the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining series (ICDM).
- IEEE ICDM 2015 Call for Papers, Workshops, Contest proposals, demos, and tutorials - Mar 16, 2015.
ICDM '15: The 15th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, a leading research conference in the field, calls for workshop proposals, contest proposals, papers, demo proposals, and tutorial proposals. Conference dates: Nov 14-17, Atlantic City, NJ, USA.
- IEEE ICDM 2015 Call for Data Mining Contest/Competition Proposals, due Mar 29 - Feb 28, 2015.
We invite proposals for the ICDM 2015 Data Mining Contest, which is an integral part of the IEEE ICDM conference and provides an opportunity for teams of scientists and domain experts to compete in order to develop data mining techniques for real-world applications.
- “Vite fait, bien fait” – Averaging improves both accuracy and speed of time series classification - Dec 21, 2014.
Time series classification using k-nearest neighbors and dynamic time warping can be improved in many practical applications in both speed and accuracy using averaging.
- Highlights and PPTs from the IEEE Big Data 2014 conference - Nov 23, 2014.
The IEEE International Conference on Big Data has quickly become a top-tier conference. Check the highlights and presentations from 2014 event, held recently Washington, DC, with about 600 attendees.
- IEEE ICDM 2014 Outstanding Service Award: Prof. Rao Kotagiri - Oct 25, 2014.
IEEE ICDM 2014 highest recognition for service achievements in Data Mining goes to Prof. Rao Kotagiri from U. of Melbourne, for his work on editorial boards of IEEE TKDE, VLDB, and SADM journals, and major contributions to ICDM, ICDE, SIGMOD, PAKDD, and other conferences.
- IEEE ICDM 2014 Research Contributions Award: Prof. Jian Pei - Oct 25, 2014.
Jian Pei wins a highest recognition for research in Data Mining for his work on the core frontiers of data mining, including pattern mining, classification, clustering, anomaly detection and outlier analysis.
- IEEE Big Data 2014 – 21 Workshops, Posters – CFP - Jul 29, 2014.
IEEE Big Data 2014 offers 21 workshops on the hottest topics in Big Data - papers due in August. Poster submissions due Sep 27. Attend the conference in Washington, D.C. and learn the latest in Big Data research.
- IEEE ICDM Research Contributions and Outstanding Service 2014 Awards, Nominations due Aug 15 - Jul 17, 2014.
The IEEE ICDM Research Contributions Award recognizes influential research contributions to the field of data mining. The Outstanding Service Award is for major service contributions that have promoted data mining as a field and ICDM as the world premier research conference in data mining.
- MoDAT: Designing the Market of DATa – Workshop Report - May 28, 2014.
An overview of MoDAT workshop on "Designing the Market of DATa" - key research ideas such as recommending expertise, chance discovery, "data jackets", privacy risks, and more.
- EMVIC 2014: Eye Movements Verification and Identification Competition, 2nd call - Feb 11, 2014.
The goal is to determine how people may be identified based on their eye movement characteristic. No special equipment required - the organizers provide a dataset of eye movement recordings.
- IEEE Rock Stars of Big Data Presentations - Jan 7, 2014.
This event, held at the Computer History Museum in Oct 2013, attracted a sold-out crowd who listened to 9 excellent speakers and leaders in the field - here are the presentations.