- KDD-2014 report, part 2: The Magic Module network and Privacy vs Big Data - Sep 2, 2014.
Here is part 2 of my report on KDD-2014, the biggest and the best Data Science meeting: The Magic Module genes, Privacy vs Big Data, and should we ask for consent of data subjects?
Big Data, Eric Schadt, Healthcare, KDD-2014, Privacy, Rakesh Agrawal, Rayid Ghani, Sendhil Mullainathan
- KDD-2014 Ice Bucket Challenge - Aug 30, 2014.
KDD-2014 team of Jure Leskovec, Claudia Perlich, Sofus Macskassy, Gregory Piatetsky, and Rayid Ghani responds to the Ice Bucket challenge.
About Gregory Piatetsky, Claudia Perlich, Ice Bucket Challenge, Jure Leskovec, KDD-2014, Rayid Ghani, Sofus Macskassy
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-26: KDD-2014 organizers (including Gregory) Ice Bucket challenge - Aug 27, 2014.
KDD-2014 organizers, including Gregory, take Ice Bucket challenge; Most important APIs every Data Scientist should know; Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations; Artificial Dataset Generation for Machine Learning.
About Gregory Piatetsky, Claudia Perlich, Cynthia Rudin, Dataiku, Jure Leskovec, KDD-2014, Rayid Ghani, Text Analytics
- Data Science for Social Good, Chicago Jun-Aug 2014, Apply by Feb 1 - Jan 17, 2014.
Data Science for Social Good 2014 Summer Fellowship at the U. of Chicago is looking for students, mentors, and project partners. Fellows apply by Feb 1.
Chicago-IL, DSSG, Fellowship, Rayid Ghani, Social Good
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Rayid Ghani, Chief Scientist Obama 2012 Campaign - Nov 19, 2013.
Rayid Ghani was a leading analytics professional before he joined Obama reelection campaign as a Chief Scientist. KDnuggets asks him about analytics role in the campaign, key to success, Big Data bubble, and advice for aspiring data scientists.