- KDD-2014 report, part 2: The Magic Module network and Privacy vs Big Data - Sep 2, 2014.
Here is part 2 of my report on KDD-2014, the biggest and the best Data Science meeting: The Magic Module genes, Privacy vs Big Data, and should we ask for consent of data subjects?
- KDD-2014 Ice Bucket Challenge - Aug 30, 2014.
KDD-2014 team of Jure Leskovec, Claudia Perlich, Sofus Macskassy, Gregory Piatetsky, and Rayid Ghani responds to the Ice Bucket challenge.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-26: KDD-2014 organizers (including Gregory) Ice Bucket challenge - Aug 27, 2014.
KDD-2014 organizers, including Gregory, take Ice Bucket challenge; Most important APIs every Data Scientist should know; Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations; Artificial Dataset Generation for Machine Learning.
- Data Science for Social Good, Chicago Jun-Aug 2014, Apply by Feb 1 - Jan 17, 2014.
Data Science for Social Good 2014 Summer Fellowship at the U. of Chicago is looking for students, mentors, and project partners. Fellows apply by Feb 1.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Rayid Ghani, Chief Scientist Obama 2012 Campaign - Nov 19, 2013.
Rayid Ghani was a leading analytics professional before he joined Obama reelection campaign as a Chief Scientist. KDnuggets asks him about analytics role in the campaign, key to success, Big Data bubble, and advice for aspiring data scientists.