- Looker: Exploring the Census, Aug 11 Webinar - Aug 3, 2016.
We will dig into 20 years of Census voting data that we have loaded into Google BigQuery and modeled in Looker. You can ask anything you're interested and we will look it up, live.
- Learn to Map Census Data in R – free email course - Aug 19, 2015.
The course, split into 5 lessons, is designed to teach people how to easily make beautiful and informative maps of US demographics. People start with US State maps and progress to county and zip code maps.
- Data Visualization of Census Data with R - Jun 20, 2014.
This article shows step-by-step how to use R to access US Census Data, visualize it, and plot it on the map.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 16-17 - Apr 19, 2014.
Scikit-Learn: a great python library for machine learning; A map of where nobody lives in the US; Apache Spark, the hot new trend in Big Data ; NYU @aghose on Est. Demand for Mobile Apps - Learn more: NYU Stern MS in Biz Analytics.
- What is numbersense – test yours - Mar 25, 2014.
Kaiser Fung, Marketing and Analytics expert, and author of "Numbersense" book, explains what is numbersense in the age of Big Data. Test yours.