- White House sees Data as the 21st Century Catalyst for Effective Policing - May 25, 2015.
Review of the steps taken by White House over last six months to modernize police data systems to better fight crime as well as build trust between community and police.
- White House report on Big Data and Differential Pricing - Mar 14, 2015.
White House report examines how companies are using big data and analytics to charge different prices to different customers (price discrimination), looks at both benefits and risks, and concludes that many concerns can be addressed by existing anti-discrimination and consumer protection laws.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 18-19: New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search; How to transition from Excel to R - Feb 20, 2015.
Practical #DataScience in #Python #MachineLearning - nice intro; New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search; Well written: How to Transition from Excel to R; Microsoft launches #Azure #MachineLearning Platform for #BigData, adds Python.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 9-10: Teach #Python or R for #DataScience? #BigData suprising finding on Divorce - Feb 11, 2015.
#BigData on Divorce: Wedding with 200+ guests is 92% less likely to end in divorce; Should you teach #Python or R #rstats for #DataScience?; Top 30 people in Big Data and Analytics; Paris history, captured in its streets, visualized with R.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 4-5: Clarifai Machine Learning software can understand what is in your videos - Feb 6, 2015.
Clarifai #MachineLearning software can understand what is in your videos; #BigData Lessons From @Netflix: comparing House of Cards and Macbeth insights; 2014 was the biggest year for #AI startups; Top Data Scientist @DPatil joined the #WhiteHouse as a data scientist-in-residence.
- US Open Data Action Plan and Datasets - May 31, 2014.
We summarize the key findings in the recently released US Open Data Action Plan, highlighting the principles, commitments, datasets released and future outlook.
- White House Report on Big Data: Opportunities and Values - May 9, 2014.
We summarize the key findings in the recently released White House report on Big Data, highlight the key opportunities and concerns, and list the recommendations made to the President.
- KDnuggets 14:n08, Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? FiveThirtyEight stumbles - Apr 3, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including candid advice on Data Scientist career, FiveThirtyEight stumbles on climate change, Boston Panel on Next Big Thing in Big Data, and White House/MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop report.
- White House-MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop – Top Researcher Reports - Mar 27, 2014.
Leading database researcher Michael Brodie gives a summary of an important White House-MIT Big Data Privacy workshop and discusses privacy, government, technical solutions, Edward Snowden, SXSW, and technical challenges associated with big data and privacy.