Podcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning
- FiveThirtyEight Podcasts,
from Nate Silver team, home several podcasts, including the perennial favorite "Hot Takedown", which focuses on the data of sports. FiveThirtyEight's other podcasts, however, focus on using data to solve everything from transportation problems to genealogy, topics that will be familiar to readers of Nate Silver's classic book, The Signal and the Noise.
- Freakonomics, Started 2010, 40 episodes in 2015
A radio podcast hosted by Stephen J. Dubner and Steven Levitt who tell engaging stories to explore the "hidden side of everything". Their work may not technically fit into "Data science" category but it is certainly data driven in the sense that one can learn how to use data to answer questions!
- Talking Machines, Started 2015, 24 episodes in 2015
An interview format based podcast with Hosts, Katherine Gorman and Ryan Adams, who bring clear conversations with experts in the machine learning field.
- Afternoon Analytics,
Salford Systems podcast on everything from trending topics in data to interviews with some of the most influential people in the industry. Started Jan 2016.
- All Things Hadoop,
This podcast main focus is on Hadoop MapReduce, a programming model and software framework for writing applications that rapidly process vast amounts of data in parallel on large clusters of compute nodes.
- Becoming a Data Scientist Podcast, started Dec 2015.
- Data Stories,
If data visualization is your cup of tea, then this podcast is for you. Join the conversations with Enrico Bertini and Moritz Stefaner.
Data Skeptic, alternates between short mini episodes and longer interviews. Since 2014.
Data Science at home podcast, about data science for small companies and large enterprises.
A podcast on data visualization with Enrico Bertini and Moritz Stefaner.
- IBM Big Data & Analytics Hub, Started 2012, 24 episodes in 2015
This podcast provides the latest thinking on big data and its implications for the enterprise from a range of experts.
- Learning Machines 101, Started 2014, 23 episodes in 2015
A podcast that covers topics that start off with an Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, and progresses to advanced levels.
- Linear Digressions, a podcast about Explorations in Machine Learning and Data Science and how they apply to real-world problems and datasets.
- Google new developer show Machine Learning: Recipes for New Developers
- Name, Started 2014, 52 episodes in 2015
This podcast features conversations on topics related to data science, statistics, machine learning, artificial intelligence. It alternates between mini episodes which are quick introductions to concepts and long form episodes which are usually interviews with experts in the field.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Data Quality (OCDQ) Radio,
Obsessive-Compulsive Data Quality (OCDQ) Radio is a vendor-neutral podcast about data quality and its related disciplines, including data governance, master data management, and business intelligence.
- Partially Derivative, Started 2014, 29 episodes in 2015
A show about data science, interesting new projects, latest data news and all these conversations over a beer which makes it a good entertainer!
Giving practical advice on how to use R for powerful and innovative data analyses.
- The O'Reilly Data Show, Started 2014, 22 episodes in 2015
This is interview based podcast featuring Ben Lorica, O'Reilly Media Chief Data Scientist speaking with eminent industry experts about timely big data and data science topics.
- TWiML&AI, the week's most interesting stories from machine learning and AI, started May 20, 2016.