Interview Kickstart Data Science Interview Course — What Makes It Different?
Interview Kickstart’s Data Science Interview Course is built by Data Scientists from MAANG and other big tech companies, the course promises to get you interview-ready in 15 weeks.
The demand for Data Scientists is on the rise. The number of jobs requiring Data Science skills is expected to grow 27.9% by 2026 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
However, companies are struggling to find the right talent, as a majority of candidates are not able to crack their interviews. This is especially true for MAANG and other top tech companies.
A primary reason for this is that aspirants are not fully aware of what working as a Data Scientist entails. Professional work is very different from what is taught in universities. Experienced Data Scientists, on the other hand, find it difficult to crack interviews because “interview skills” are very different from day-to-day work skills.
Today, there are a lot of online courses and programs that can help professionals bridge this gap. One such program is Interview Kickstart’s Data Science Interview Course. Built by Data Scientists from MAANG and other big tech companies, the course promises to get you interview-ready in 15 weeks.
The course offers:
- Training by MAANG+ Instructors
- Interview-Focused, StructuredCurriculum
- Learner’s Network
- Mock Interviews
- Career Skills Development
Let’s look at the course features in detail:
1. Training by MAANG+ Instructors
Interview Kickstart programs are taught by instructors who are Data Scientists, Tech Leads, and Hiring Managers actively working at MAANG and other top-tier tech companies. Being a part of the interview panels at these companies (and having cracked these interviews themselves), they’re well-versed with the process and what it takes to make the cut.
How you can leverage MAANG+ instructors at IK:
- Live classes
- Course material and videos
- 15 Mock interviews
- 1:1 mentoring and training sessions
2. Interview-Focused, Structured Curriculum
There are a lot of free resources online that can help you learn Data Science. However, it’s not the most efficient way.
- It’s hard to get legit and relevant resources/information
- The information is scattered; no guided path
- If you figure out 1 and 2, it would still take years to learn everything
Data Science as a subject is vast! It’ll take you years to learn and master even subtopics under Data Science, like Statistical Analysis, SQL Programming, and Machine Learning.
So how do you become 100% interview-ready? How will you know what to focus on when preparing?
The instructors at IK have leveraged their experience to distill the topics down to very specific, interview-relevant topics. The focused curriculum will ensure that you’re spending time mastering the most important concepts that will help you crack interviews and succeed at your job.
The curriculum includes:
- In-depth training on how MAANG+ interviews work
- Data Science interview questions asked at MAANG+ companies
- Lessons on how to approach questions in a structured manner
- Solutions to open-ended case study interview questions (by MAANG+ instructors)
And it’s laid out logically to ensure you’re able to cover all ground in a systematic manner.
IK also gives you access to their robust network of alums. These are professionals who have either been in your position in the past or are currently preparing for interviews, just like you. Being part of a group working on the same goal as yours can have an immensely positive impact on your prep. You can:
- Get insights into interview processes and interview experiences
- Have group discussions with your peers
- Discuss essential interview questions with each other
4. Mock Interviews
Now, learning concepts is one thing, and applying them is another. Many talented Data Scientists with strong acumen fail interviews because they’re unable to showcase their skills in an interview environment.
Mock interviews can help you with this. It will help you go from good to excellent.
At IK, mock interviews are conducted by MAANG+ instructors. After each mock interview, you’ll receive feedback about your strengths and improvement areas. Mocks enable you to:
- Work on your strengths and weaknesses as suggested by the interviewer
- Identity the “Do’s and Don’ts” of interviewing
- Ask relevant questions to interviewers
- Overcome anxiety and handle interviews with confidence
5. Career Skills Development
Soft skills or career skills are a huge part of nailing interviews. The IK Data Science Interview Course also offers career skills coaching, which includes:
- Behavioral interview preparation
- Linkedin profile improvement
- Resume building
- Interview strategy
- Personal branding
- Salary negotiation:
- The best tactics to negotiate your offer
- What not to do during your salary negotiation
- What perks to focus on while negotiating (variable bonus, insurance, work from home, etc.)
The course also comes with a 6-month support period, during which you can retake classes, practice mock interviews, and create an interview strategy with the help of MAANG+ experts.
If you’re aspiring to become a Data Scientist at a top tech company, you need to understand how these interviews work, what skills are tested, and what topics are relevant. You then need to work on sharpening the relevant skills.
All of these can be quite daunting if done without a mentor. Interview Kickstart can be a great resource to leverage. Here are the pros & cons of Interview Kickstart:
- Designed and taught by MAANG+ instructors
- Comprehensive, structured learning
- A vast network of 13,500+ alums
- Not suitable for freshers
- Pricing is not listed on the site (you’ll need to attend their webinar or contact the team for exact pricing)
Register for the Free Webinar to learn more about the course.