At: DAI-Laboratory of the TU Berlin
- Rank: Postdoc in Information Retrieval & Machine Learning
- Starting Q2, 2012
- Closing date: open until position is filled
- Duration: 6 years
The DAI-Laboratory and the chair "Agent Technologies in Business Applications and Telecommunication" at the Technische Universität Berlin, headed by Prof. Dr. Sahin Albayrak, perform research and development in order to provide solutions for a new generation of systems and services - "smart services and smart systems".
The "Information Retrieval & Machine Learning" group (CC IRML) is one of six competence centers at the DAI-Labor. Core group activities focus on application-oriented research at the interface of university and industry in information retrieval, machine learning, semantic web and ontologies, personalization, recommendation systems, and natural language processing. We offer a state-of-the-art infrastructure with access to new and emerging technologies and a close collaboration with universities and renowned industrial partners.
CC IRML has a strong presence in the scientific community through publications and a list of yearly organized workshops at different venues.
- Website of CC IRML: www.dai-labor.de/en/irml/research/
- Website of the DAI Lab: www.dai-labor.de/en/
- Website of the AOT chair: www.aot.tu-berlin.de/
The successful candidate is expected to coordinate the activities of the competence center, including
- research in the aforementioned fields
- leading a team of B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D. students and postdocs
- project management
- third party funding
- teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in information retrieval
- supervision of PhD students
- Ph.D. degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Strong publication record and internationally visible reputation in information retrieval and/or machine learning
- Strong expertise in at least three of the following areas: information retrieval, machine learning, natural language processing, personalization, recommendation systems, semantic web and ontologies
- Experience in teaching
- Experience with project acquisition (national and international)
- Management skills
- Professional level of oral and written English (German is not a requirement, but a definite plus)
Application material (cover letter, cv, list of publications, abstract of PhD thesis, abstract of Master thesis, copies of certificates, and two letters of reference) should be sent by email to Brijnesh Jain ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).