- KDnuggets™ News 17:n48, Dec 20: Machine Learning 2017 Key Trends; New Poll: When is AGI Coming?; AI Year End Roundup - Dec 20, 2017.
Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018; New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved?; Xavier Amatriain's Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup; How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in Python; Transitioning to Data Science: How to become a data scientist
2018 Predictions, AGI, AI, Data Science, Data Visualization, FiveThirtyEight, Machine Learning, Poll, Python
- How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in Python - Dec 14, 2017.
In this post, we'll help you. Using Python's matplotlib and pandas, we'll see that it's rather easy to replicate the core parts of any FiveThirtyEight (FTE) visualization.
Data Visualization, Dataquest, FiveThirtyEight, Python
- You’ve Read the Book, Now Listen to the Podcast - Oct 26, 2015.
Podcasts are a great way to enhance your education without sacrificing precious time. Here are six of the best data-science-oriented podcasts to listen to if you’re a fan of popular data science books.
Book, FiveThirtyEight, Freakonomics, Podcast, SMU
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 8-9: On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free - Dec 10, 2014.
On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Anyone Can Now Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free; Economists are NOT nonpartisan - @FiveThirtyEight quantifies their bias; Geoff Hinton AMA: Neural Networks, the Brain, and Machine Learning.
Alan Turing, FiveThirtyEight, Geoff Hinton, IBM Watson, KPMG, Pinterest, Python, scikit-learn
- KDnuggets 14:n08, Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? FiveThirtyEight stumbles - Apr 3, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including candid advice on Data Scientist career, FiveThirtyEight stumbles on climate change, Boston Panel on Next Big Thing in Big Data, and White House/MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop report.
Big Data, Career, Data Scientist, FiveThirtyEight, MIT, Next Big Thing, Privacy, White House
- Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight tackles Climate Change, fails on Data Science - Mar 28, 2014.
Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight forays into climate science and drowns in criticism for bad data analysis. We examine a basic data science question: Can we tell if natural disasters are related to climate?
Climate Change, FiveThirtyEight, Munich Re, Nate Silver, Natural Disasters