- KDnuggets™ News 17:n48, Dec 20: Machine Learning 2017 Key Trends; New Poll: When is AGI Coming?; AI Year End Roundup - Dec 20, 2017.
Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018; New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved?; Xavier Amatriain's Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup; How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in Python; Transitioning to Data Science: How to become a data scientist
- How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in Python - Dec 14, 2017.
In this post, we'll help you. Using Python's matplotlib and pandas, we'll see that it's rather easy to replicate the core parts of any FiveThirtyEight (FTE) visualization.
- You’ve Read the Book, Now Listen to the Podcast - Oct 26, 2015.
Podcasts are a great way to enhance your education without sacrificing precious time. Here are six of the best data-science-oriented podcasts to listen to if you’re a fan of popular data science books.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 8-9: On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free - Dec 10, 2014.
On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Anyone Can Now Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free; Economists are NOT nonpartisan - @FiveThirtyEight quantifies their bias; Geoff Hinton AMA: Neural Networks, the Brain, and Machine Learning.
- KDnuggets 14:n08, Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? FiveThirtyEight stumbles - Apr 3, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including candid advice on Data Scientist career, FiveThirtyEight stumbles on climate change, Boston Panel on Next Big Thing in Big Data, and White House/MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop report.
- Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight tackles Climate Change, fails on Data Science - Mar 28, 2014.
Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight forays into climate science and drowns in criticism for bad data analysis. We examine a basic data science question: Can we tell if natural disasters are related to climate?