2014 Jan Courses, Events
All (84) | Courses, Events (27) | News, Software (25) | Opinions, Interviews (2) | Publications (14) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (3)
- Open Analytics Chicago Summit, March 27 - Jan 31, 2014.
This summit is a great place for CTOs, CMOs, Engineers, Developers, Data Scientists, and others to network and learn about open source technologies and big data analytics.
- ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup 2014, GIS-focused algorithm competition - Jan 30, 2014.
This contest will focus on the important problem of map generalization, a commonly used concept in creating maps of different scales.
- More Data Mining with Weka - Jan 30, 2014.
This online course teaches both principles and practical data mining techniques, lets students work on very big datasets, classify text, experiment with clustering, and much more.
- IE Master in Business Analytics and Big Data, Madrid - Jan 30, 2014.
IE in Madrid, one of the top Business Schools in the world, designed the 10-months Master in Business Analytics and Big Data degree for people who studied or are working in technology, do quantitative work in engineering, statistics or business.
- “Human Analytics” at the Sentiment Analysis Symposium, March 5-6 (KDnuggets discount) - Jan 29, 2014.
Understand the business value in "human data" - emotion, intent, connection - in online, social, and enterprise sources via text, speech, video and social-network analytics. Early bird till Jan 31 + KDnuggets discount.
- Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science from Statistics.com - Jan 24, 2014.
Many interesting online courses covering Decision Trees, Machine Learning Tools, Python for Analytics, Social Network Analysis, Hadoop, Forecasting, Data Visualization, and more, from Statistics.com.
- SLDM Statistical Learning and Data Mining III – 10 Hot Ideas, Palo Alto, Mar 20-21 - Jan 23, 2014.
Taught by top Stanford professors and leading statisticians Trevor Hastie and Robert Tibshirani, this course presents 10 hot ideas for learning from data, and gives a detailed overview of statistical models for data mining, inference and prediction.
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Jan 23, 2014.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership opportunities, and learn from distinguished faculty and industry experts.
- TESC Online, Affordable MBA in Data Analytics –
Recharge Your Career - Jan 21, 2014.This online program enables graduates to use advanced data analytics to drive continuous improvement resulting in organizational sustainability, and lets you earn credit for professional certifications/expertise.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Conference,
Santa Clara, Feb 11-13, 2014 - Jan 20, 2014.The O'Reilly Strata Conference brings together the brightest minds in data science and big data, decision makers and practitioners - win a free KDnuggets 2-day pass.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World Toronto, unique conference in Canada, May 12-15 - Jan 20, 2014.
PAW Toronto is the only conference in Canada that offers an unparalleled perspective on analytics where both technical and business knowledge are integrated towards solving real-life business problems. Get Early Bird rates till Jan 24.
- Learning from Data, Caltech Free Online Course, now with captions in 40 languages - Jan 19, 2014.
Free, introductory Machine Learning online course, taught by a top-rated Caltech professor Yaser Abu-Mostafa, now with professional captioning in more than 40 languages.
- SocDM: Launching the Society of Data Miners – Open Meeting, London, Feb 11 - Jan 19, 2014.
The Society of Data Miners is an independent non-profit organisation which aims to increase the benefits of data mining to society, and to advance the profession of data mining. Come to the first open meeting, London, Feb 11.
- KDD 2014 Call for Papers, Workshops, Tutorials and Sponsorships - Jan 17, 2014.
KDD 2014, the leading research conference in the field, will bring together researchers and practitioners from all aspects of data mining, knowledge discovery, and large-scale data analytics. This year special theme is Data Mining for Social Good. Abstracts due Feb 13.
- NIST Data Science Symposium, Mar 4-5 - Jan 16, 2014.
NIST is forming a cross-cutting data science program, focused on system benchmarking and rigorous measurement. Register for NIST Data Science Symposium by Feb 21.
- DSE 400 Fast Track to Data Science, Free Online Course - Jan 14, 2014.
This free online course will explore Machine Learning, Big Data Architecture, Analytics, and Evidence-Oriented Systems Engineering, and will offer mentorship from experts along with practical skills and techniques. Course starts Jan 19.
- Interpreting Model Performance with Cost Functions - Jan 13, 2014.
Cost functions are critical for the correct assessment of performance of data mining and predictive models. This series goes deep into the statistical properties and mathematical understanding of each cost function and explores their similarities and differences.
- Webcast: BigML Programmatic Machine Learning Made Easy, Jan 28 - Jan 9, 2014.
BigML Winter release offers enhanced performance and many new features for quickly building powerful predictive models, applications and services. Learn more on Jan 28 and get a 25% discount.
- PASS: 24 Hours of Business Analytics Learning, Feb 5, Free Webcast - Jan 9, 2014.
Feb 5 business analytics learning online event brings you an all-star lineup of BA and BI community experts delivering best practices for getting the most from your data. 24 Hours of PASS is free, thanks to our sponsors.
- Wharton Online: Strategic Value of Customer Relationships, Mar 3 – Apr 27 - Jan 9, 2014.
Go beyond the "average customer" to create and execute a successful strategy for business growth with Wharton Executive Education's new online program. Learn how to identify which customers are the most profitable, and how to effectively reach them. Apply now - Deadline Feb. 14.
- Hadoop Innovation Summit, San Diego, Feb 19-20 - Jan 9, 2014.
This summit boasts a line-up of world class speakers and is set to bring together professionals pioneering Hadoop in their organizations.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World for Manufacturing, Chicago, June 17-18 - Jan 7, 2014.
The Predictive Analytics World for Manufacturing conference will focus on several different application areas of manufacturing where predictive analytics and big data have proven to be game changers.
- INFORMS Business Analytics and Operations Research, Boston, Mar 30 – Apr 1 - Jan 7, 2014.
INFORMS is a top analytics conference featuring over 100 practical talks which provide pointed "how we did it" information from hand-picked industry speakers. Keynote speakers include industry thought leader Tom Davenport. Sign up now at the super saver rates.
- CUNY Online MS in Data Analytics - Jan 7, 2014.
CUNY SPS offers a fully online and affordable MS in Data Analytics that prepares graduates to manage and analyze Big Data. Learn more in Jan 14 info session.
- BigData TechCon: Learn HOW TO Master Big Data, Mar 31-Apr 2, Boston - Jan 6, 2014.
Big Data TechCon, Mar 31-Apr 2, Boston, is the HOW-TO big data event. Use code BIGDATA for $200 discount. Save even more with early bird by Jan 24.
- KNIME User Group Meeting, Zurich, Feb 12-14 - Jan 4, 2014.
This annual event serves an international forum for discussion of KNIME and how it is used in various fields such as business and customer intelligence, analytics and the life sciences. Early bird rates before Jan 27, 2014.
- Jan-Apr Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Jan 3, 2014.
Upcoming meetings include Oracle BIWA Summit, EGC, Sentiment Analysis Symposium, PAW San Francisco, GigaOM Structure Data, INFORMS, SBP, and SIAM Data Mining.