2014 Jan Top Tweets
All (84) | Courses, Events (27) | News, Software (25) | Opinions, Interviews (2) | Publications (14) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (3)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 29-30: Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists - Jan 31, 2014.
Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog help you choose the right visualization; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists; R vs Python Duel, Contest 1A - download, process 2GB census data; Online course: More Data Mining with Weka
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 27-28: Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries; Free Tutorial, Data Analytics for Beginners - Jan 29, 2014.
Dilbert takes on #BigData Analysis and Salaries of Top Performers. Hilarious! ; Free Tutorial - Data Analytics for Beginners: Part 1 - Installing R and RStudio; Part 2: Data Cleaning; A New Science of Cities emerges from Mobile Phone Data Analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 24-26: Great map of #DataScience skills; Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, ML - Jan 27, 2014.
Great map of #DataScience skills (Biz, ML, #BigData, Coding, Stats) vs Roles ; Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science; Top #BigData Trend in 2014: Big Data as a Service; Opinion: Why your company should NOT use Big Data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 22-23: 30 Free Data Mining Tools; Linkurious – explore and visualize graph data - Jan 24, 2014.
A somewhat random but useful review of 30+ Free Data Mining Software tools; Linkurious: a solution to explore and visualize graph data; The Data Scientist Toolbox, starts on Coursera Apr 7
- Top 10 KDnuggets tweets, Jan 20-21: Data scientists who use OS tools earn more; JHU #DataScience Specialization - Jan 22, 2014.
Data scientists who master open source tools R, Python, Hadoop earn more; JHU offers 9-Course #DataScience Specialization via Coursera; The Life of a Data Scientist, Relentless, but in a Lazy Way; MADlib, a solution for #BigData Analytics
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 17-19: Learning from Data: Caltech free online course; Data scientists most used tools: SQL, R, Python, Excel - Jan 20, 2014.
Learning from Data: Caltech free online course, now with captions in 40 languages; Data scientist most used tools: SQL (71%), R #rstats (43%), Python (41%), Excel (36%); 13 Machine Learning and Data Mining Books for Data Scientists; The Power of Bubble Charts to display data in 4 dimensions
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 15-16: Here is how to call Python from R; US Median Data Scientist salary: $117,500 - Jan 17, 2014.
Here is how to call Python from R; Data Scientist Salary Survey: median salary in US is $117,500; Yann LeCun, Head of Facebook new AI Lab: we are limited only by how many smart people we can find.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 13-14: Data Science in Python, Free Tutorial; How Netflix Got Analytics Wrong, Then Right - Jan 15, 2014.
Data Science in Python Tutorial, free tutorial; How Netflix Got Analytics Wrong, Then Right; Cartoon: Lets solve this problem by using #BigData none of us have any idea what to do with ; "Data Scientist" fever in Japan is gone?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 10-12: Data Science Venn Diagram v2.0; Reference Texts on Data Mining and Machine Learning - Jan 13, 2014.
Data Science Venn Diagram v2.0 - how to find "unicorn" data scientist ; Reference Texts on Data Mining and Machine Learning; Top 10 Job titles that didnt exist 5 yrs ago: 6. Data Scientist; Google can now identify house numbers on Street View, using deep learning
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 8-9: Great list of NLP APIs; Python erodes R hegemony, but do not go all-in Python now - Jan 10, 2014.
Great list of 25+ NLP APIs for Sentiment Analysis, Text Processing, Topic Extraction; MLbase: Distributed Machine Learning using Apache Spark; "Sexy" Data Science should be a Team Sport, or it will fail ; LinkedIn files lawsuit over data-mining bots which mine user profiles
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 6-7: Why is Machine Learning top course at Stanford? MADlib: Big Data Machine Learning - Jan 8, 2014.
Why Is Machine Learning the most popular course at Stanford? MADlib: Big Data Machine Learning in SQL for Data Scientists; Prediction for 2014: data scientists (that's you) will be worth more; Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science companies and startups
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 3-5: How to build a successful Data Science team; Netflix reverse engineered Hollywood - Jan 6, 2014.
How to build a successful #DataScience team; Netflix reverse engineered Hollywood to understand how people look for movies; 6000 Companies Hiring Data Scientists; An academic paper on how to search the Internet for evidence of time travel
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 27 – Jan 2: Oryx: Simple large-scale machine learning; Sad state of sentiment analysis - Jan 3, 2014.
Oryx on GitHub: Simple real-time large-scale machine learning infrastructure; Sad state of sentiment analysis: LESS accurate than a coin toss? Practical Tools for Exploring Data and Models, by R wizard @hadleywickham; Top stories in December