8 Best Data Science Courses to Enroll in 2022 For Steep Career Advancement
Here is the list of the top 8 data science courses and programs that you can consider for upskilling yourself and get the best data scientist job in 2022.
Data Science is a field where insights and predictions are derived from gigabytes of data using algorithms and scientific methods and processes. Thus, Data scientists are in huge demand today. And this demand is ever increasing in all the various sectors like - industrial, retail, finance, transportation, education and what not! This has led data scientists to land high-income jobs with their skills and knowledge in a very short span of time and this trend will continue in the foreseeable future.
The necessity of assessing data and turning it into something valuable is the fuel that is helping top businesses stay ahead of the competition by taking decisive decisions with utmost precision. Netflix, for example, has made one of the most robust recommendation systems for their users, with the help of data science, which has ensured that users stay glued to their platform for longer durations. If you also wish to capitalize on the growth opportunities offered by the data science field, you should opt for the best data science course in the market which will help in your steep career advancement.
Top Data Science Courses & Programs in 2022
While curating the list of top data science courses for 2022, we have looked into and considered several aspects such as:
- Syllabus Covered: The list is prepared keeping in mind the length & breadth of the syllabus and how comprehensively it has been curated for different expertise levels
- Course Duration: We have evaluated the course duration for each course.
- Course Fee: The list is sorted on the basis of the features of the courses compared to their fee to make sure you get the most out of your money.
- Course highlights & outcomes: We have also mentioned course outcomes & other highlights like placement support, hands-on projects, etc. which will help students become market-ready
Here is the list of the top data science courses and programs that you can consider for upskilling yourself and get the best data scientist job in 2022.
Scaler’s Data Science and Machine Learning program is designed on the basis of insights from advisors from top 50 tech companies. In this course, you will get the opportunity to work on real industry projects built in partnership with top companies.
- With Scaler’s Data Science and ML program, you can start from scratch without any prior experience in computer programming. However, at the same time the course has been made available for all levels of expertise as well - Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. All taught by the top instructors & mentors
- You will learn to tackle the toughest problems in Data Science and Machine Learning.
- You will also get career support to find the best data science job as they have 600+ placement partners. Additionally, they also provide 1:1 mentorship & have a 20K+ strong student community
- Introduction to Programming
- Intermediate programming topics like - Array techniques, Recursion, OOPs
- Statistical Analysis & Data Analytics
- Data Wrangling and Feature Engineering
- Recommender system, Predictive modelling & forecasting
- Deep Learning & Big data
- Advanced topics like - DB & System design, etc.
Course Fee: Rs. 2.5 lakhs (including GST), with Full Moneyback Guarantee in the first 2 Weeks if you choose to withdraw
(EMI options available)
Course Duration: 11-13 months
2. Advanced Program in Data Science by IIM Calcutta
The course offers you to work on different real-life projects from your preferred domain. You will get guidance during the project by the expert IIM faculty. It will make you capable of using advanced quantitative and statistical techniques.
- You will get an introduction to various tools and techniques used to handle, manage, analyze and interpret data in order to get valuable insights.
- The course will give you hands-on introduction to several programming languages needed in data science.
- Fundamentals of Data Science
- Mathematics and Statistics for Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Data Interpretation, and Analysis
- Business Intelligence with Data Analytics
- Big Data Storage and Analytics
- Handling Data Science Projects
Course Fee: Rs 4.4 lakhs
Course Duration: 1 year
3. Post Graduate Program in Data Science by Praxis Business School
The PG program in Data Science offered by Praxis Business School will teach you technology and tools used in the handling of data. The Praxis Business School also holds a decent placement record.
- You will learn data mining techniques, machine learning, deep learning and data modeling during the course.
- The course also helps you gain expertise in different domains such as Financial Services Analytics, Web Analytics, Retail Analytics, etc.
- Technology & Tools
- Modeling Techniques
- Management Concepts
- Domain Application
Course Fees: Rs 6.05 lakhs
Course Duration: 9 months
4. Micromasters Program in Statistics & Data Science by edX
You will learn to handle big data and make predictions backed by sound data analysis. The course will make you eligible for different job profiles such as Data Scientist, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, etc.
- You will learn the foundations of data science, understand statistics & machine learning.
- The course will also teach you to handle and analyze big data and make data-driven predictions by extracting meaningful insights.
- Fundamentals of Statistics
- Machine Learning with Python
- Capstone Exam in Statistics and Data Science
Course Fees: Rs 1 Lakh
Course Duration: 14 months
5. Data Science with R and Python by Coding Elements
The data science course offered by Coding Element teaches you to find hidden but valuable information in data using statistical models in programming languages such as R and Python.
- You will get 4 years of course access that gives you the utmost flexibility of learning at your own pace.
- Data Science with R and Python by Coding Element also offers you a verified course certificate upon completion of the assigned homework project.
- Programming Basics and Logic
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Web and API
- Data Types and Data Structures
- Tools and Utility
- Algorithm and ML
Course Fees: Rs 12,000
Course Duration: 24 pre-recorded classes, accessible up to 4 years
6. Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp by Udemy
The course will teach you how to use Python for Data Science and ML. It is mainly suitable for the ones who are already well-versed with the basics and do not need to go through the foundations.
- You will learn how to implement machine learning algorithms to analyze data and gain insights.
- You will get lifetime course access and a total of 5 downloadable resources.
- Use Python for Data Science and ML
- Analysis of Big Data
- Random Forest and Decision Trees
- Support Vector Machines
- Natural Language Processing and Spam Filters
- Neural Networks
Course Fees: Rs 700
Course Duration: 25 hours (approx.) with full lifetime access
7. Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science by Jigsaw Academy
Jigsaw Academy offers you a comprehensive PG diploma program to learn data science and emerging technologies.
- You will get a Manipal Academy of Higher Education certificate after the completion of the course.
- You will get mentorship from experienced alumnus during the course.
- Big Data techniques
- Data Visualization
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Data Analysis
Course Fees: Rs 4.95 lakhs
Course Duration: 2 months
8. Machine Learning, Data Science and Deep Learning with Python by Udemy
This course is suitable for technologists who want to transition to Data science, ML and understand how deep learning works. This course is not recommended for beginners as it requires prior experience in Python.
- This course covers most of the important topics related to ML, Deep Learning and Neural networks
- You get lifetime access to course and also some useful downloadable resources
- Predictive models
- Recommender systems
- Generative models
- Regression analysis
- Deep Learning & Neural Networks
Course Fees: Rs 700
Course Duration: 16 hours (approx.) with full lifetime access
As per the study by World Economic Forum, over 40% of the professional workforce will require upskilling by 2025. This makes acquiring modern and high-demand skills extremely important if you want to get your dream job in this competitive market. Data science is undoubtedly one such high-demand field that can give you the opportunity to get placed in some of the top companies across the globe and assist in taking important business decisions.
For this, some of the programs mentioned in this list like - Scaler, IIM Calcutta, etc. will help you become an expert at data science as these courses cover almost all the topics thoroughly as they are full-length courses. Additionally, these courses also provide really good career and placement support. With these courses, you will be able to -
- Take a raw dataset and process it for a given task. This means dealing with missing data and outliers, normalizing and transforming features, figuring out which features are the most relevant to the task, and picking out the best combination of features to use.
- Picking the correct model architecture to use based on the data. Many people will always default to using a large neural network for any machine learning task, but many times this is unnecessary and can even hurt the model’s final performance if the dataset is not large enough.
- Code a machine learning model and train it on processed data. Validate the model’s performance on held-out data and understand techniques to improve a model’s performance.
On the contrary, some of the courses offered by - Udemy, Coding Elements, etc. are short-duration courses that cover some specific topics only and probably might not be able to cater to all the students belonging to different expertise levels. It’s definitely safe to say that it is the perfect time for you to enroll in a data science training course as per your requirements and take your career to newer heights.
Thank you for sticking with us until the end. We hope this article met your expectations, and you had fun learning and exploring different options with us.