- Which Database is best for an Analyst? - Dec 10, 2015.
Database comparisons usually look at architecture, cost, scalability, and speed, but rarely address the other key factor: how hard is writing queries for these databases? We examine which of the top 8 databases are easiest to use.
Pages: 1 2
Amazon Redshift, Apache Hive, BigQuery, Data Analyst, Databases, MySQL, NoSQL, SQL Server, Vertica
- Interview: Ranjan Sinha, eBay on Advanced Hadoop Cluster Management through Predictive Modeling - Jun 9, 2015.
We discuss categorization of e-commerce analytics, opportunities/ challenges of Big Data, Astro predictive model for Hadoop cluster management, and Apache Kylin.
Apache Hive, Apache Kylin, Astro, Customer Experience, eBay, Ecommerce, Hadoop, Interview, Predictive Modeling, Ranjan Sinha
- Interview: Mario Vinasco, Facebook on Advancing Marketing Analytics through Rigorous Experimentation - Apr 27, 2015.
We discuss marketing analytics at Facebook, multi-channel performance assessment, success factors, lessons from Look Back feature, advice, and more.
Pages: 1 2
Apache Hive, Career, Data Science, Experimentation, Facebook, Interview, Mario Vinasco, Marketing Analytics, Predictive Analytics, Trends
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Big Data TechCon How-To Conference, Apr 26-28, Boston - Mar 15, 2015.
Win a free KDnuggets Pass for Big Data TechCon in Boston - the conference to learn HOW-TO master and analyze Big Data. Learn Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, HBase, R, and Hive from the smartest, hardest-working faculty.
Apache Hive, Apache Spark, Big Data, Boston, Hadoop, HBase, MA, R, Techcon, YARN
- Big Data TechCon, the HOW-TO conference, Boston, April 26-28 - Feb 24, 2015.
Plan now to attend Big Data TechCon, April 26-28 in Boston, to learn HOW-TO master and analyze Big Data. Learn Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, HBase, R, and Hive from the smartest, hardest-working faculty. Special discount.
Apache Hive, Apache Spark, Big Data, Boston, Hadoop, HBase, MA, R, Techcon, USA, YARN
- How Big Data Pieces, Technology, and Animals fit together - Feb 5, 2015.
How Big Data Pieces and animals fit together: MapReduce, HDFS, Apache Spark,, Pregel, Zookeeper, Flume, Hive, Pig, and more, explained by a Quora (and past Facebook) Data Scientist.
Apache Hive, Apache Spark, Google, Hadoop, MLlib
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 26-27: Watch “Statistics with R for newbies”; Coursera free #DataScience courses - Mar 28, 2014.
Also free ebooks on Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendations, and Apache Hive - How to access big data on Hadoop with SQL/HiveQL.
Apache Hive, Coursera, Hadoop, Machine Learning, newbies, R, Recommendations, Statistics