- KDnuggets™ News 19:n37, Oct 2: The Future of Analytics & Data Science! Starting NLP with spaCy & Python - Oct 2, 2019.
This week, find out what the future of analytics and data science holds; get an introduction to spaCy for natural language processing; find out how to use time series analysis for baseball; get to know your data; read 6 bits of advice for data scientists; and much, much more!
- Using Time Series Encodings to Discover Baseball History’s Most Interesting Seasons - Sep 27, 2019.
Take me out to the ballgame! Take me out to the crowd! For the 2,829 seasons that have been played for 101 baseball teams since 1880, which seasons were unlike any others? Using SAX Encoding to recognize patterns in time series data, the most special years in baseball can be found.
- OpenText Data Digest, Oct 9: Baseball Playoffs - Oct 12, 2015.
We love our data the way we love our baseball—lots of visuals and power hitters that crush it over the wall for the walk-off win. Check out which visualizations made to top three bases for this week’s OpenText data visualization.
- INFORMS Essential Practice Skills for Analytics Professionals + Baseball Night - May 29, 2015.
Register for the "Essential Practice Skills for Analytics Professionals" Course (Chicago, Jun 23-24) and join INFORMS for a Special Networking Night and Baseball at Wrigley Field.
- OnlyBoth MLB Baseball Knowledge Discovery Application - Jul 15, 2014.
Baseball fans and machine learning enthusiasts can now find interesting insights about any player in baseball history using OnlyBoth Baseball - a free web and mobile app.