- Octoparse: Free & Automated Web Crawling Tool - Mar 21, 2017.
Octoparse has both a user-friendly, point and click UI for beginner and advanced mode for experts. It also provides Cloud Service with at least 6 cloud servers running your tasks simultaneously. Try it now.
Crawler, Octoparse, Web services
- 3 Viable Ways to Extract Data from the Open Web - Mar 11, 2016.
We look at 3 main ways to handle data extraction from the open web, along with some tips on when each one makes the most sense as a solution.
Crawler, import.io, Web Mining, Web services, Webhose.io
- How to get structured data from the web without crawling - Mar 10, 2016.
When you need data from the web, you don't have to build a crawler. Webhose.io does the heavy lifting for you. Its crawlers download and structure millions of posts a day, and store and index the data so all you have to do is to define what data you need.
Crawler, Unstructured data, Web services, Webhose.io
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 28-29: Top open source web crawlers for data mining; Listen to Edward Tufte, guru of Data Visualization - Jan 30, 2015.
Useful list: Top 50 open source web #crawlers for data mining; Listen to Edward Tufte, guru of Data #Visualization, on how to see data; Not too sexy: Data Scientist is only n. 9 in Glassdoor 10 best jobs; When not analyzing #BigData, I am enjoying the Big Snow.
About Gregory Piatetsky, Crawler, Data Scientist, Data Visualization, Edward Tufte, Salary, Skiing
- DIY Crawlers vs. Crawlers as Service - Dec 22, 2014.
Crawling structured data from the web has been made easier with the choice between crawlers as a service, like webhose.io, and do-it-yourself, like import.io.
Big Data Services, Crawler, Data Preparation, import.io, Spider, Webhose.io