- Coronavirus Trends – what can we learn - Mar 31, 2020.
We examine the coronavirus trends, and look at death rates from Covid-19, including absolute numbers, adjusted for population, and daily change rates. The daily change rates are declining for almost all countries, including Italy and Spain, but remaining alarmingly high for US and especially New York State.
- Coronavirus Data and Poll Analysis – yes, there is hope, if we act now - Mar 23, 2020.
We examine the growth of coronavirus daily cases in most affected countries, and show evidence that social distancing works in reducing the rate of spread. We also analyze KDnuggets Poll results - the scale of change to online and how Data Science work is likely to increase or drop in different regions. Stay Healthy and practice social distancing!
- World Food Programme: Data Scientist - Apr 12, 2017.
Seeking a Data Scientist to provide methodological advice and supervision on assessments using mobile methodologies, reporting to the VAM’s Lead Data Scientist.
- Global Predictive Analytics and Data Management Forum, Milan, February 2-3, 2017 - Jan 2, 2017.
The forum is a cross industry, vendor-neutral event where global senior speakers will present case studies, share their expertise in predictive analytics, data management, and digital transformation of their companies. Register by Jan 20 to get 20% off.
- Lipari Summer School: Algorithms, Data, and Models for Social and Urban Systems - Feb 12, 2015.
Lipari Summer School will address the role of GIS, social media, big social data, agent-based models, network models, and their integration in the study, design, and implementation of social and urban systems.
- Summer School: Constraint Programming Data Mining, Sicily - Jun 18, 2014.
"Constraint Programming Meets Data Mining" is an upcoming summer school in Sicily providing intensive training in the state of the art in constraint solving, machine learning, and data mining.
- Lipari Summer School on Computational Social Science - Mar 10, 2014.
The Lipari 2014 Summer School will examine the intersection between parameters that define a city as smart and the enabling technology that guarantees proper planning and implementation. Apply by April 30.