- Neural Networks – an Intuition - Feb 7, 2019.
Neural networks are one of the most powerful algorithms used in the field of machine learning and artificial intelligence. We attempt to outline its similarities with the human brain and how intuition plays a big part in this.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n36, Sep 26: Machine Learning Algorithms From Scratch; Deep Learning Framework Popularity; Data Capture, the Deep Learning Way - Sep 26, 2018.
Also: SQL Case Study: Helping a Startup CEO Manage His Data; Building a Machine Learning Model through Trial and Error; The Whys and Hows of Web Scraping; Unfolding Naive Bayes From Scratch; "Auto-What?" - A Taxonomy of Automated Machine Learning
- What I Learned Implementing a Classifier from Scratch in Python - Feb 28, 2017.
In this post, the author implements a machine learning algorithm from scratch, without the use of a library such as scikit-learn, and instead writes all of the code in order to have a working binary classifier algorithm.
- Deep Learning Key Terms, Explained - Oct 12, 2016.
Gain a beginner's perspective on artificial neural networks and deep learning with this set of 14 straight-to-the-point related key concept definitions, including Biological Neuron, Multilayer Perceptron (MLP), Feedforward Neural Network, and Recurrent Neural Network.
Pages: 1 2
- The Development of Classification as a Learning Machine - Apr 29, 2016.
An explanation of how classification developed as a learning machine, from LDA to the perceptron, on to logistic regression, and through to support vector machines.
- Learning and Teaching Machine Learning: A Personal Journey - Apr 5, 2014.
Joseph Barr examines history and origins of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and recounts his personal journey from statistics to industry to teaching machine learning and running R on Unix clusters.