- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 24-25: 24 Data Science, Machine Learning Resources; Pregnant women can guess their children sex - Dec 26, 2014.
Pregnant women can intuit the sex of their children; #Pig and #Python can't fly but can predict Airline delays; 24 #DataScience, #Statistics, #MachineLearning Resources; The 50 Most Innovative CS Depts in USA.
- Top stories for May 4-10 - May 11, 2014.
Data Scientists Not Required with Alteryx Analytics 9.0; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis; Exclusive Interview: Todd Holloway, Data Science Lead, Trulia; Did Target really predict teen pregnancy?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 7-8: 30 Simple Tools for Data Visualization; Did Target Really Predict Pregnancy? - May 9, 2014.
30 Simple Tools for Data and Geo-Visualization: iCharts, Fusion, Modest Maps, Raw ...; Did Target Really Predict a Teen's Pregnancy? The Inside Story; Sense, new Data Science startup, builds a Data Science Platform of the Future; Analytics Experts on #BigData Misconceptions.
- Did Target Really Predict a Teen’s Pregnancy? The Inside Story - May 7, 2014.
We examine the origin and the facts behind this explosive story, the importance of headlines, and how unsubstantiated assumptions gain traction and mainstream attention and help create myths around Predictive Analytics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 25-27: Recommended Tutorials for Data Scientists; How One Woman Hid Her Pregnancy from Big Data - Apr 28, 2014.
Recommended Tutorials for Data Scientists from PyCon 2014; How One Woman Hid Her Pregnancy from #BigData; MLTK: Machine Learning Toolkit in Java - free download; Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing.