- The (Not So) New Data Scientist Venn Diagram - Sep 12, 2016.
This post outlines a (relatively) new(er) Data Science-related Venn diagram, giving an update to Conway's classic, and providing further fuel for flame wars and heated disagreement.
- The hardest parts of data science - Nov 24, 2015.
The hardest part of data science is not building an accurate model or obtaining good, clean data, but defining feasible problems and coming up with reasonable ways of measuring solutions.
- Data Hierarchy of Needs - Aug 28, 2015.
Data Hierarchy of Needs helps understand the steps in Big Data processing. Before going to advanced data modeling (top of the pyramid), organizations need to fill huge holes they frequently have in the base of the pyramid, lacking reliable complete data flow.
- 5 questions to decide if you need a data scientist - Aug 26, 2015.
Here are 5 questions to answer if you are thinking about hiring a data scientist. It depends not only on a person, but on the company culture, business problem and understanding its potential.
- Should Data Science Really Do That? - May 13, 2015.
Data Science amazing progress in its ability to do predictions and analysis is raising important ethical questions, such as should that data be collected? Should the collected data be used for that application? Should you be involved?
- 10 Steps to Success in Kaggle Data Science Competitions - Mar 11, 2015.
The author, ranked in top 10 in five Kaggle competitions, shares his 10 steps for success. These also apply to any well-defined predictive analytics or modeling problem with a closed dataset.
Pages: 1 2 3