Data Mining Community's Top Resource
for Data Mining and Analytics Software, Jobs, Consulting, Courses, and more
PhD position on Applied Data Mining
Prepare PhD thesis in the field of Bigraph based social network analysis and contribute to teaching and research in the research group Applied Data Mining.
At: U. of Antwerp
The Faculty of Applied Economic Sciences is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy in the Department of Environment, Technology and Technology Management
Doctoral Grant by the University Research Fund (BOF)
in the area of Applied Data Mining
Profile and requirements
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Bigraph based social network analysis;
- You contribute to teaching and research in the research group Applied Data Mining.
- You hold a master degree in computer science, informatics, economics, business administration, mathematics, physics, or related areas;
- You can submit outstanding academic results;
- Also students in the final year of their degree can apply;
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university's policy ( www.ua.ac.be/research );
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative, customer-oriented and cooperative;
- You have an affinity with data analysis and a basic knowledge of the principles of programming. Knowledge of network analysis and Matlab is a plus point.
- A doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- The start date of scholarship will be October 1st 2012, November 1st 2012, December 1st 2012 or January 1st 2013;
- A gross monthly salary ranging from € 2.070 - € 2.120;
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment.
more information and apply here.
Copyright © 2012 KDnuggets. |
SUBSCRIBE to KDnuggets News email |