2016 Jun Software
All (119) | Courses, Education (6) | Meetings (12) | News, Features (21) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (23) | Software (10) | Tutorials, Overviews (40) | Webcasts & Webinars (7)
- 5 More Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook - Jun 28, 2016.
There are a lot of popular machine learning projects out there, but many more that are not. Which of these are actively developed and worth checking out? Here is an offering of 5 such projects.
- BigDebug: Debugging Primitives for Interactive Big Data Processing in Spark - Jun 27, 2016.
An overview of a recent paper outlining BigDebug, which provides real-time interactive debugging support for Data-Intensive Scalable Computing (DISC) systems, or more particularly, Apache Spark.
- Achieving End-to-end Security for Apache Spark with Databricks - Jun 23, 2016.
The Databricks just-in-time data platform takes a holistic approach to solving the enterprise security challenge by building all the facets of security — encryption, identity management, role-based access control, data governance, and compliance standards — natively into the data platform with DBES.
- Predicting purchases at retail stores using HPE Vertica and Dataiku DSS - Jun 23, 2016.
The retail industry has been data centric for a while. With the rise of loyalty programs and digital touch points, retailers have been able to collect more and more data about their customers over time, opening up the ability to create better personalized marketing offers and promotions.
- Standards-based Deployment of Predictive Analytics - Jun 21, 2016.
Using a standards-based approach to deploy predictive analytics on operational systems from mainframes to Hadoop.
- 10 Useful Python Data Visualization Libraries for Any Discipline - Jun 14, 2016.
A great overview of 10 useful Python data visualization tools. It covers some of the big ones, like matplotlib and Seaborn, but also explores some more obscure libraries, like Gleam, Leather, and missingno.
- Project Murphy Microsoft Bot Framework AI - Jun 10, 2016.
With Microsoft AI-based Bot Framework you can add the bot on Skype, Messenger, Telegram, ... and ask it questions like: "What if Charlie Chaplin was a baby?" or "What if Beethoven was a rockstar!" The results are always fun.
- Infinite Data Overlap Detection Arrives to Speed Business Insights - Jun 8, 2016.
Infinite Data Overlap Detection(IDOD) is a new, Spark-based technology that empowers non-technical business users to automatically discover data patterns and blendany data type for any set of values from multiple sources – both inside and outside the enterprise.
- Open Data Science in Collaborative Workflows – IBM June 6 event - Jun 3, 2016.
On June 6, IBM will share important announcements for making R, Spark, and open data science a sustainable business reality at the Apache Spark Maker Community Event in San Francisco, Attend in person or watch live.