2018 Jan News, Features
All (108) | Courses, Education (11) | Meetings (8) | News, Features (11) | Opinions, Interviews (31) | Top Stories, Tweets (11) | Tutorials, Overviews (30) | Webcasts & Webinars (6)
- KDD 2018 Call for Research, Applied Data Science Papers
- Jan 27, 2018.
KDD-2018 invites submission of papers describing innovative research on all aspects of data science, and of applied papers describing designs and implementations for practical tasks in data science. Submissions due Feb 11.
- Bio-acoustic Structure, a NIMBioS Investigative Workshop, needs Data Scientists – Call for Applications
- Jan 26, 2018.
This workshop will bring together experts in bio-acoustics with mathematicians and computer scientists with expertise in classification, clustering, and information theory to develop a unified approach. Apply by March 5.
- Using Deep Learning to Solve Real World Problems
- Jan 25, 2018.
Deep learning offers every company with large data new techniques to solve complex analytical problems. Read this ebook to learn more.
- Kogentix Automated Machine Learning Platform
- Jan 24, 2018.
Kogentix Automated Machine Learning Platform is the only solution we have seen that runs natively on Spark and includes all of the elements required to build and run a machine learning application.
- Are you monitoring your machine learning systems?
- Jan 18, 2018.
How are you monitoring your Python applications? Take the short survey - the results will be published on KDnuggets and you will get all the details.
- The LION WAY, v. 3.0: Machine Learning plus Intelligent Optimization – Free Download
- Jan 16, 2018.
This newly revised book presents two topics which are in most cases separated: machine learning (the design of flexible models from data) and intelligent optimization (the automated creation and selection of improving solutions). Free download!
- Mining Data for Efficient, Personalized Claims: Co-operators, Hiscox and American National
- Jan 16, 2018.
How can insurance carriers gather and integrate data, and more importantly, effectively generate actionable insights to turn data into value? Get a whitepaper with best practices, including data collection, analytics, and value-add services.
- OpenMinTED Open Tender Phase II Funding opportunity for text and data mining developers
- Jan 11, 2018.
OpenMinTED invites researchers, service providers and SMEs to submit proposals related to the development and integration of existing text mining/NLP applications or software components. Apply by Jan 26, 2018.
- 5 things that will be important in data science in 2018
- Jan 11, 2018.
What’s data science going to look like in 2018? How are job roles in the field going to change? Will AI find new ways to capture the public imagination? Learn more from Packt $5 books - on sale till Jan 16.
- Driverless AI: Fast, Accurate, Interpretable AI
- Jan 9, 2018.
H2O.ai recently launched Driverless AI, which speeds up data science workflows by automating feature engineering, model tuning, ensembling, and model deployment.
- Cartoon: AI at Home: How Far Can A Smart Device Go?
- Jan 6, 2018.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at AI at Home technology and considers how a novel way how a smart device can help its owner to lose weight.