Top 18 Data Science Groups on LinkedIn
Join the best data science professional groups on LinkedIn to share insights and experiences, ask for guidance, and build valuable connections.
Image by Author
LinkedIn groups are a learning place for beginners, a commonplace to share ideas, and build connections that can help you land your dream job or transition to a new job. It is a place where people with similar interests share insights and experiences by sharing research papers, talking about new technology, sharing tutorials, asking questions related to a problem, and taking part in community lead events. These groups are monitored by admins and moderators to provide you with spam-free content related to data science, machine learning, big data, AI, IoT, and BI.
Why join? If you have too many people in your connection, you get feeds from all of them. Most of the time the content is not related to what you are looking for. I feel overwhelmed and end up wasting 10 minutes of constant scrolling. The LinkedIn groups are pretty much clean. If you see the advertisement, it will be related to your topic.
The machine learning/data science groups filter out all the noise for you to consume the best possible content. You get to learn about new technologies and share your knowledge with other group members. In short, beginners, enthusiasts, and experts are growing together by interacting with each other.
The list below contains the top 18 groups based on number of members. Some of the groups are hard to get in. It can take up to a month before group administrators let you in. The majority of the groups I have mentioned are highly moderated so you won't see spam posts, self-promotions, advertisements, or off-topic discussions.
- Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Learning ( 473.58K Members)
- Data Science Central ( 435.00K Members)
- Big Data, Data Science, AI, IoT, Cyber Security & Blockchain ( 317.56K Members)
- Data Mining, Statistics, Big Data, Data Visualization, AI, Machine Learning, and Data Science (289.38K Members)
- Business Analyst Professional - BA, Analysis, Data Analyst, Data Scientist ( 262.13K Members)
- Big Data ?? Data Science | Machine Learning | Deep Learning | Artificial Intelligence (147.44K Members)
- KDnuggets AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning group (106.78K Members)
- Artificial Intelligence | Deep Learning | Machine Learning (94.38K Members)
- Data Science Community (moderated) (90.66K Members)
- Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, Blockchain, BI & Big Data Analytics (41.41K Members)
- Data Science, Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence Professionals | DataScience.US (35.33K Members)
- Data Science & Machine Learning (34.22K Members)
- AI & Python, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics & Analysis (19.63K Members)
- Data Visualization and Decision Science (14.39K Members)
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning (11.42K Members)
- Analytics and Data Science Career (11.10K Members)
- Women in Data Science (WiDS) (10.65K Members)
Furthermore, if you are a small content writer like me, groups provide you with growth opportunities. Instead of limiting myself to a few hundred followers, I can show my work to hundreds of thousands of professionals and get feedback. Other than that, I read blogs shared by other members and learn about new technologies and Python packages. LinkedIn groups have restored my faith on social media platforms.
Abid Ali Awan (@1abidaliawan) is a certified data scientist professional who loves building machine learning models. Currently, he is focusing on content creation and writing technical blogs on machine learning and data science technologies. Abid holds a Master's degree in Technology Management and a bachelor's degree in Telecommunication Engineering. His vision is to build an AI product using a graph neural network for students struggling with mental illness.