5 Reasons Why You Should Get Certified
In today's highly competitive job market, practitioners need every advantage they can get to stand out from the crowd and accelerate in their roles as a high-performing employee. With that in mind,. here are 5 reasons why you should earn a SAS certification, and stand out to employers.
In today's highly competitive job market, practitioners need every advantage they can get to stand out from the crowd and accelerate in their roles as a high-performing employee. One way to do this is by obtaining a certification to validate their skills and knowledge and demonstrate commitment to ongoing learning and professional development.
The following are 5 reasons why you should earn a SAS certification:
1. Gain competitive edge in a thriving job market.
Certification can provide practitioners with a competitive advantage in their field by demonstrating their expertise and commitment to professional development. In today's data-driven world, companies are constantly seeking professionals with specialized skills to help them harness the power of data and make informed decisions. SAS Certification is the next step to set you apart from the crowd and land you your dream job in the high-earning field of data analytics.
2. Increase your earning potential.
Certification can lead to higher earning potential. Reports show that 58% of employees were rewarded with a salary increase within 3 months of earning their certifications (Pearson Vue, 2023). Certification serves as tangible evidence of a practitioners’ competence and mastery, making them more attractive to potential employers and clients. This can open doors to increased financial success and career stability as SAS user Dimitri said, “Even if you are not looking for a promotion, having a SAS certificate on hands is an amazing way to secure and future proof your current position”.
3. Increase confidence in you and your skills.
Achieving certification can be a personally satisfying accomplishment for practitioners, as it represents a significant investment of time and effort in their professional development. This accomplishment can instill a sense of pride and confidence in your abilities, leading to a positive impact on your overall success and productivity. As per recent data, 92% of candidates are more confident in their abilities and 81% have more confidence to explore new job opportunities, highlighting the tangible benefits of earning certification (Pearson Vue, 2023).
4. Data analytics skills are in high demand.
1.9 million jobs requested skills in data analysis and data visualization in the past year (Lightcast, 2022). This proves that data analytics skills are in high demand, and the demand keeps growing. Whether you are just starting your data analyst career or looking to upgrade your skills through earning a certification, learning new skills is nothing to lose. By earning a certification in an area of data analytics of your choice, you will surely experience the benefits of training and even open the door to new opportunities in your career.
5. SAS has everything you need to get started.
Why NOT get certified when SAS has everything you need to get started?! Take your pick from the many resources below and see how SAS can help you start your own certification journey:
- Explore SAS Credentials: Don’t know where to start? Here’s all the credentials SAS has to offer.
- Free Certification Webinars: Reach your SAS certification goals with help from our experts by tuning in to these free webinars.
- Free Practice Exams: Test your knowledge before test day and take a free practice exam.
- Certification Prep Bundle: Interested in getting certified as a Programmer? Access all you need to prep for your exam with SAS Certification Prep Bundles.
- The Value of SAS Certifications: Need more reasons? This blog shares more resources and opportunities on why you should get SAS certified
- SAS Skill Builder: If you’re a student, take advantage of the free learning platform to get all the resources you need to pursue certification and land a career.
- Free Online Training: Explore the different courses available to start your learning journey and upgrade your skills.