Director of the Center for Data Science
Lead the newly created Center for Data Science, oversee and coordinate all LCC research efforts and initiatives supporting institutional effectiveness and planning.
At: Lansing Community College
Location: Lansing, MI
Possessing a spirit of innovation and creativity, the Director will lead the newly created Center for Data Science (formerly the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning). The incumbent will oversee and coordinate all LCC research efforts and initiatives supporting institutional effectiveness and planning. She/he will create and lead various institutional research efforts for the purpose of helping LCC become a model of cutting-edge approaches to student success and institutional effectiveness.
- Provides primary administrative management, leadership, and coordination within the areas of research and planning, and recommends academic policies and procedures in these areas.
- Establishes and maintains the Center as a venue both of and for collaboration, cross-functional outreach and teamwork, and faculty, administrative, staff, program, divisional, and institutional support.
- Guides or helps to guide the formulation of college-relevant questions (e.g., those relating to student behavior, program integrity, and the like) and oversees the design of quantitative investigations and analyses aimed at answering those questions.
- Guides her/his direct reports in particular and, more generally, the academic divisions and the College as a whole in cutting-edge approaches to strengthening enrollment management; increasing student retention and success; targeting areas for new program development; and the like. Makes recommendations for college-wide improvement opportunities.
- Leads or assists others to lead the formulation and implementation of policies related to institutional planning, quality, and research.
- Creates (or helps to create) and leads (or helps to lead) various institutional research efforts for the purpose of helping LCC become a model of cutting-edge approaches to student success and institutional effectiveness.
- Works with senior academic leaders in creating and monitoring a culture of evidence-based leadership and decision-making.
- Operationalizes and implements research studies to support academic, student success, strategic planning, and other initiatives that are aligned with the strategic outcomes and priorities of the college.
- Coordinates, monitors, and reviews for accuracy and consistency various mandated local, state, and federal reporting of institutional data. Disseminates information to appropriate constituents within the college.
- Uses appropriate models and criteria to support the College in meeting Higher Learning Commission AQIP accreditation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree (from a regionally accredited college or university) in mathematics, statistics, or a related field of study required.
- Candidates with a college degree (from a regionally accredited college or university) in a field other than mathematics, statistics, or a related area who nonetheless possess work experience in leading efforts grounded in the use of predictive/quantitative analytics might also be considered.
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree (from a regionally accredited college or university) in mathematics, statistics, or a related field of study preferred.
For more information about the position and to apply, visit www.jobs.lcc.edu
or apply directly here.
This position is opened until filled; however, interested parties are encouraged to submit their materials by September 30, 2013.