Data: Government, State, City, Local and Public
This is a directory of government, federal, state, city, local and other public datasets. See also Data APIs, Hubs, Marketplaces, Platforms, Portals, and Search Engines.
Portals | Global | USA | Canada | Europe | Asia | Australia, NZ and Pacific | Latin America | Africa | Middle East
Public data catalogs, portals, and services
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) Public Data Sets, provides a centralized repository of public data sets that can be seamlessly integrated into AWS cloud-based applications.
- Datacatalogs.org, open government data from US, EU, Canada, CKAN, and more.
- DataMarket, visualize the world's economy, societies, nature, and industries, with 100 million time series from UN, World Bank, Eurostat and other important data providers.
- datamob, Public data put to good use.
- Enigma, "Google for public data", provides easy access to government, NGO, and other public domain datasets.
- Freebase, a community-curated database of well-known people, places, and things.
- Google Public Data, with dynamic visualization and exploration tools.
- Knoema World Data Atlas, over 1000 indicators on all countries
- National Government Statistical Web Sites, data, reports, statistical yearbooks, press releases, and more from about 70 web sites, including countries from Africa, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
- Open Data Census, assesses the state of open data around the world.
- Open Data Institute, catalysing the evolution of open data culture to create economic, environmental, and social value.
- Socrata OpenData, provides social data discovery services for opening government, healthcare, energy, education, or environment data.
- Visualing Data big collection of sites and services for accessing data.
Global, International, UN
- The World Bank, a comprehensive set of data about development in countries around the globe.
- UN data, a data access system to UN databases
- UNICEF statistics, data analysis and other data about UNICEF work.
- Berkeley-curated US statistical information, by UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism, providing a wealth of demographic and other data on a city, county, state and national level.
- Bitly 1.usa.gov data, anonymized clicks on gov links.
- CMS.gov Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Research, Statistics, Data, and Systems.
- Data.CMS.gov, Medicare part D prescriber look-up tool.
- Data.gov/Education, central guide for education data resources including high-value data sets, data visualization tools, resources for the classroom, applications created from open data and more.
- Data USA, a comprehensive visualization of US public data.
- DataFerrett, a data mining tool that accesses and manipulates TheDataWeb, a collection of many on-line US Goverment datasets.
- EconData, thousands of economic time series, produced by a number of US Government agencies.
- FEDSTATS, a comprehensive source of US statistics and more.
- FiscalData, your hub for federal financial data.
- United States Census Bureau.
USA: State, City, and Local
- CA: San Francisco Data, a clearinghouse of datasets available from the City and County of San Francisco, CA.
- IL: Chicago data .
- NY: New York NYC Open Dat
- Data.Virginia, provides easy access to Virginia open data.
- WA: Seattle data .
- Canada Open Data, pilot project with many government and geospatial datasets.
- Europeana Data, contains open metadata on 20 million texts, images, videos and sounds gathered by Europeana - the trusted and comprehensive resource for European cultural heritage content.
- Eurostat, the leading provider of high quality statistics on Europe.
- OECD Data Lab, data visualisations and European data downloads.
- PublicData.eu, access to open, freely reusable datasets from local, regional and national public bodies across Europe.
- Destatis: German Federal Statistics Bureau (Statistisches Bundesamt), all German government statistics.
- Dublinked, Dublin data.
- Data.gov.uk, publicly available data from UK.
- London datastore.
- UK Office for National Statistics (ONS), UK largest independent producer of official statistics and the recognised national statistical institute of the UK.
- UK Data Service, UK largest collection of digital social research data from ESDS, Census Programme, Secure Data Service and others.
- Census India, data on population, economic activity, literacy, education, housing, urbanisation, fertility, mortality, and more.
- Open Government Data (OGD) Platform, India.
Australia, NZ, and Pacific
- Data.gov.au provides an easy way to find, access and reuse public datasets from the Australian Government.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, access to the full range of ABS statistical and reference information.
- Wiki New Zealand, a collaborative website making data about New Zealand accessible for everyone.
- Open Data for Africa, supporting statistical development in Africa as a sound basis for designing and managing effective development policies for reducing poverty on the continent.