- How Big Data and New Technologies Are Changing Aging - Dec 14, 2017.
Big data and new technologies are changing the healthcare industry and the aging process as we know it; and for now, that seems to be a move in the right direction.
- KDnuggets Top Blogger: An Interview with Ajit Jaokar, on IoT and Data Science - Oct 21, 2016.
Ajit Jaokar, a leading expert in the field, shares his views on evolution of IoT, Data Science, Smart Cities, the promise and dangers of AI, and encouraging young people.
- Internet of Things: “Connected” Does Not Equal “Smart” - Apr 18, 2016.
"Connected" and "smart" are not synonyms, and bridging the gap takes a lot of upfront work; but with work invested in identifying, understanding and supporting the key decisions, the more productive the data science will be.
Pages: 1 2
- City of Cincinnati: Data Scientist - Nov 23, 2015.
Help establish a predictive analytics program that expands the Office of Performance & Data Analytics initiatives to improve City services through the use of data.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n34, Oct 21: How to Learn Machine Learning; Data Science Ethics? MetaMind MasterMind - Oct 21, 2015.
New Poll: Should Data Science Include Ethics Training?; The Best Advice From Quora on "How to Learn Machine Learning; Big Data + Wrong Method = Big Fail; MetaMind Mastermind Richard Socher: Uncut Interview;
- RE.WORK Connect: Shaping a Hyper-connected World - Oct 20, 2015.
RE.WORK Connect Summit (San Francisco, Nov 12-13), is a unique opportunity to meet with business leaders, influential technologists and entrepreneurs leading the IoT revolution. Use KDNUGGETS code for 20% off.
- How Big Data Helps Build Smart Cities - Oct 16, 2015.
Smart cities face serious challenges prior to widespread acceptance, but their integrated use of Big Data, IoT, and other technologies to solve contemporary urban issues should eventually lead to their adoption.
Pages: 1 2
- Free Urban Data – What’s It Good For? - Nov 1, 2014.
See how the increasing availability of free urban datasets that has come with more cities participating in free data programs can be applied to solve interesting problems in this Big Data article.
- Taming the Internet of Things – KNIME Case Study - Sep 30, 2014.
With increasing interest in the Internet of Things (IoT), see how KNIME can be applied to collect data from IoT sensors, enrich that data, transform it, analyze it, and finally visualize it.
- Lipari Summer School on Computational Social Science - Mar 10, 2014.
The Lipari 2014 Summer School will examine the intersection between parameters that define a city as smart and the enabling technology that guarantees proper planning and implementation. Apply by April 30.