- What is Normal? - Jul 31, 2018.
I saw an article recently that referred to the normal curve as the data scientist's best friend. We examine myths around the normal curve, including - is most data normally distributed?
Distribution, Normal Distribution, Sampling, Statistics, Statistics.com
- Online Data Science Education and Certificates from Statistics.com - Jun 11, 2018.
Apply online to The Institute for Statistics Education, the pioneer in online data science education. You can begin your online certificate right now - we offer rolling admission and introductory classes every month. Get started today!
MS in Data Science, Online Education, Statistics.com
- The Statistics of Gang Violence - Jun 6, 2018.
For Carlos Carcach, Professor & Director, Center for Public Policy at the Escuela Superior de Economía y Negocios (ESEN) in Santa Tecla, El Salvador, gangs are an object of intellectual curiosity and the subject of his research.
Certificate, Data Science, El Salvador, Predictive Analytics, Statistics, Statistics.com
- Monty Hall chooses the final exit door - Oct 7, 2017.
Monty Hall, the game show host, died last week. He was the host of the popular show "Let's Make a Deal", where contestants try to guess which one of 3 doors hides a valuable prize.
Monty Hall, Statistics, Statistics.com
- Finding “Gems” in Big Data - Apr 4, 2017.
Detecting anomalous cases in large datasets is critical in conducting surveillance, countering credit-card fraud, protecting against network hacking, combating insurance fraud, and many more applications in government, business and healthcare. Learn how to do it online in "Anomaly Detection" course at Statistics.com.
Anomaly Detection, Nitin Indurkhya, Online Education, Statistics.com
- Analytics and Machine Learning training in Q2 - Mar 24, 2017.
Learn Anomaly Detection, Deep Learning, or Customer Analytics in R online at Statistics.com with top instructors who are leaders of the field. Use code 3CAP17 before March 30 to save $170.
Anomaly Detection, Customer Analytics, Deep Learning, Online Education, Statistics.com
- 4 ways to learn about Deep Learning, Anomaly Detection and more Data Science topics online at Statistics.com - Jan 11, 2017.
Online courses at Statistics.com are small, with rich and engaging content that includes readings, videos, quizzes, homework, projects, and practical work with software. Use promo code deepkdn17 to save.
Anomaly Detection, Data Science Certificate, Data Science Education, Deep Learning, Online Education, Statistics.com
- 3 ways to learn Data Science at Statistics.com - Dec 21, 2016.
Get the personal touch you need to deepen your learning with Statistics.com classes that are small, rich and engaging with readings, videos, quizzes, homework, and practical projects, taught online by leading instructors.
Data Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Certificate, Online Education, Python, R, Statistics.com
- Statistics.com new courses: Anomaly Detection, Meta Analysis, IoT, Deep Learning, Spatial Analytics - Oct 5, 2016.
Five new courses from Statistics.com, fully online and asynchronous - interact with leading experts in private forums. Use promo code “kdn2016” for $50 off any course.
Anomaly Detection, Deep Learning, IoT, Meta-analysis, Online Education, Spatial, Statistics.com
- Analytics, Security, Deep Learning, IoT, Data Science Online Courses - Aug 20, 2016.
Upcoming online courses include : Statistical and machine learning methods for detecting anomalies, identifying images, and processing data from sensors; Deep Learning; Internet of Things (IoT): Programming for Analytics; and Meta Analysis in R.
Anomaly Detection, Deep Learning, IoT, Meta-analysis, Online Education, R, Statistics.com
- Online Courses, from basic statistics to Big Data and Analytics, from Statistics.com - Feb 15, 2016.
Statistics.com offers a rich array of online courses to accelerate your data science career or help upgrade the skills of your Big Data team. Small classes, not MOOCs, taught by top instructors - people who write the textbooks and have real industry experience.
Big Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Certificate, Online Education, R, Statistics, Statistics.com
- Text Analytics, Text Mining Courses on Statistics.com - Apr 28, 2015.
Text analytics or text mining is the natural extension and essential part of predictive analytics and Data Science - learn key skills with Statistics.com online courses.
Natural Language Processing, Nitin Indurkhya, NLTK, Sentiment Analysis, Statistics.com, Text Analytics
- Statistics.com courses on RESTful APIs - Feb 17, 2015.
Applying analytics to big data requires a mechanism to rapidly get and share data and RESTful APIs is the standard way doing it. Learn how to write Python code to ingest data, communicate with, and create RESTful APIs with online courses from Statistics.com.
RESTful API, Statistics.com
- Statistics.com Online Data Science Courses and Certificates - Feb 12, 2015.
Accelerate your career and upgrade your skills With Statistics.com training provided by top experts who will answer your questions on a daily basis. Work on practical exercises with real problems, real data and multiple software tools.
Data Science Certificate, Data Science Education, Online Education, R, Statistics.com, Text Analytics
- Perfume, computer programming, and Harvard - Oct 8, 2014.
What is the connection between Perfume, computer programming, and Harvard education? Peter Bruce explains.
edX, Harvard, Programming, Statistics.com
- Get Started in Text Analytics - Sep 30, 2014.
Text analytics / text mining is the natural extension of predictive analytics and has wide applications in marketing, business, and many industries. Learn text analytics with Statistics.com online program that starts Feb 6.
Natural Language Processing, NLTK, Online Education, Sentiment Analysis, Statistics.com, Text Analytics, Text Mining
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 18-19: Big Data moves to “Trough of Disillusionment” in Gartner Hype Cycle - Aug 20, 2014.
Big Data moves to "Trough of Disillusionment" in Gartner Hype Cycle; Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining; Statistics.com Online Courses and Certificate Programs in Data Science; Exploring Hotel Review Data from Trip Advisor with R.
Analytics Languages, Big Data Hype, Gartner, R, Statistics.com
- Statistics.com Online Courses and Certificate Programs in Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
Online courses to accelerate your career or help upgrade the skills of your team members. Learn and get answers from top experts who authored hundreds of books and have real industry.
Data Science Certificate, Data Science Education, Online Education, Statistics.com
- Exclusive Interview: Peter Bruce, President Statistics.com - Apr 17, 2014.
We discuss the mission of Statistics.com, selection of analytics courses and certificates, the future of analytics education, MOOCs, are Statistics disconnected from Big Data, the role of a data scientist, and more.
Analytics, Certificate, MOOC, Online Education, Peter Bruce, Predictions, Statisticians, Statistics.com
- Online Data Science Certificates: Analytics and Programming for Data Science - Mar 1, 2014.
Statistics.com, a leading provider of online education in statistics and analytics announces two new online certificates for Data Science - "Analytics for Data Science" and "Programming for Data Science".
Certificate, Data Science, Hadoop, Python, Risk Modeling, SQL, Statistical Modeling, Statistics.com
- Online Courses in Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science from Statistics.com - Jan 24, 2014.
Many interesting online courses covering Decision Trees, Machine Learning Tools, Python for Analytics, Social Network Analysis, Hadoop, Forecasting, Data Visualization, and more, from Statistics.com.
Online Education, Python, R, Social Network Analysis, Statistics.com