- Want To Get Good At Time Series Forecasting? Predict The Weather - Apr 20, 2021.
This article is designed to help the reader understand the components of a time series.
- 4 Most Popular Alternative Data Sources Explained - Jul 2, 2019.
Alternative data is the new game changer. To start with alternative data, people might even wonder from where you can get hold of alternative data that can give such a competitive advantage. This post details 4 alternative data sources that you can exploit to the fullest.
- Wind and Weather – Open Text Data Digest - Mar 15, 2016.
It’s soothing to watch the wind flows cycle and clouds form and dissipate. Now an app called Windyty lets you navigate real-time and predictive views of the weather yourself, controlling the area, altitude, and variables such as temperature, air pressure, humidity, clouds, or precipitation.
- Learning from Hurricanes: Big Data Analytics, Risk, & Data Visualization - Dec 8, 2015.
This year, Florida has experienced its 10th consecutive year without a hurricane, which is longest period without a hurricane strike in modern times. Exploring this is worthy of some examination, as it offers us many lessons in Big Data Analytics, Risk, and Data Visualization.
- Opentext Data Driven Digest, Sep 11: Clouds - Sep 15, 2015.
Big Data Analytics is now available on the OpenText Cloud, which got us thinking about actual clouds – the kind up in the sky. Not surprisingly, there are countless great data visualizations related to clouds and weather, so it was tough to choose just three to share