- 4 Most Popular Alternative Data Sources Explained - Jul 2, 2019.
Alternative data is the new game changer. To start with alternative data, people might even wonder from where you can get hold of alternative data that can give such a competitive advantage. This post details 4 alternative data sources that you can exploit to the fullest.
Explained, Sensors, Social Networks, Traffic, Transactions, Weather
- New books on Data Science and Machine Learning from Chapman & Hall/CRC Press – Save 20% - Sep 5, 2017.
New books on Data Science and Analytics with Python, Large-Scale Machine Learning in the Earth Sciences, and Social Networks with Rich Edge Semantics - save 20% with code JWR38.
Books, CRC Press, Data Science, Python, Social Networks
- Top 10 TED Talks for the Data Scientists - Feb 9, 2016.
TEDTalks have been a great platform for sharing ideas and inspirations. Here, we have sifted ten interesting talks for the data scientist from statistics, social media and economics domains.
Data Science, Hans Rosling, Social Networks, Statistics, TED
- The Star Wars social networks – who is the central character? - Dec 25, 2015.
Data Scientist looks at the 6 Star Wars movies to extract the social networks, within each film and across the whole Star Wars universe. Network structure reveals some surprising differences between the movies, and finds who is actually the central character.
Pages: 1 2 3
Centrality, Movies, Social Network Analysis, Social Networks, Star Wars
- Algorithmia – How Marketplaces are Fostering Innovation? - Apr 9, 2015.
We have a marketplace for almost everything – mobile apps, cabs, hotels, and what not. But, not for algorithms. Algorithmia takes up that challenge.
Algorithmia, API, California, Crowdsourcing, Innovation, Marketplace, Social Networks
- Lipari Summer School: Algorithms, Data, and Models for Social and Urban Systems - Feb 12, 2015.
Lipari Summer School will address the role of GIS, social media, big social data, agent-based models, network models, and their integration in the study, design, and implementation of social and urban systems.
Italy, Lipari, Social Networks, Social Science, Summer School
- Genetics as a Social Network – A Data Scientist Perspective - Jan 19, 2015.
You can think about a cell’s genetics as a huge social network. We can then take the DNA sequences of the transcription factor footprints associated with each gene and predict the proteins bound to these regulatory regions, and in this way reconstruct the genetic regulatory networks in every cell type.
Bioinformatics, Biology, DNA, Nikhil Buduma, Social Networks
- Competition: Forecasting social network dynamic graph - Oct 6, 2014.
Forecast the creation and disruption of edges in social networks representing social platforms, mobile clients, or the research community. Competition runs until Nov 28.
AlgoMost, Competition, Graph Analytics, Social Networks
- Age homophily for predicting age of mobile phone customers - Sep 2, 2014.
Homophily (a tendency of people to associate with others like them) is ubiquitous in real world and in social networks. We show the existence of age homophily in a mobile phone communication network and exploit it to predict the age group for all users in the network.
Grandata, Graph Analytics, Jorge Brea, Mobile Phone Usage, Social Networks
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 25-27 - Jul 28, 2014.
Does Apple slow down old iPhones when new ones are released? The Social Network of Alexander the Great; Kirk D. Borne - from data mining at NASA to teaching Data Science at GMU; Data for Good: data-driven projects for social good.
Apple, iPhone, Kirk D. Borne, Social Good, Social Networks
- Poincare Conjecture, Perelman way, and Topology of social networks - May 3, 2014.
We examine the connections between the $1 million proof of Poincare conjecture by a reclusive math genius and the topological behavior and information diffusion over social networks.
Mathematics, Social Networks, Topology
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 17-18: NSA metadata can find medical/financial conditions; Machine Learning in 7 Pictures - Mar 19, 2014.
Stanford students show NSA metadata can find medical, financial conditions; Machine Learning in 7 Pictures ; Social Networks are investing big in Artificial Intelligence; 7 Key Skills of Effective Data Scientists.
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Metadata, NSA, Privacy, Skills, Social Networks, Stanford
- KDnuggets Twitter Social Network - Mar 14, 2014.
We examine KDnuggets Twitter social network, created by NodeXL, a free, open-source template for Microsoft Excel for social network analysis.
Excel, Kirk D. Borne, NodeXL, Social Networks, Twitter