2017 Aug News, Featureshttp likes 24
All (112) | Courses, Education (8) | Meetings (15) | News, Features (17) | Opinions, Interviews (28) | Software (2) | Tutorials, Overviews (35) | Webcasts & Webinars (7)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 23-29: Python overtakes R, becomes the leader in #DataScience, #MachineLearning; I built a #chatbot in 2 hours - Aug 30, 2017.
Also: Recommendation System Algorithms Overview; The Connection Between #DataScience, #MachineLearning and #AI; The Ultimate Guide to Basic Data Cleaning.
- KDD Cup 2018 Call for Proposals - Aug 30, 2017.
We are looking for strong proposals that have a novel and motivated goal, a broad business impact, a rigid and fair setup, a challenging yet manageable task, and domain accessibility to the general public.
- Python overtakes R, becomes the leader in Data Science, Machine Learning platforms - Aug 28, 2017.
While Python did not "swallow" R, in 2017 Python ecosystem overtook R as the leading platform for Analytics, Data Science, and Machine Learning and is pulling users from other platforms.
- Top Stories, Aug 21-27: 42 Steps to Mastering Data Science; Deep Learning is not the AI future - Aug 28, 2017.
Also: 37 Reasons why your Neural Network is not working; Machine Learning vs. Statistics: The Texas Death Match of Data Science; Understanding overfitting: an inaccurate meme in Machine Learning; Recommendation System Algorithms: An Overview; The Ultimate Guide to Basic Data Cleaning
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 16-22: Getting Started with #DeepLearning - Aug 23, 2017.
Also: No surprise, Gartner ranks #AI as the top technology to watch in coming years; TOP 100 @medium articles on #AI / #MachineLearning / #DeepLearning.
- Top Stories, Aug 14-20: The Rise of GPU Databases; A New Beginning to Deep Learning - Aug 21, 2017.
Also: Data Science Primer: Basic Concepts for Beginners; A Guide to Instagramming with Python for Data Analysis; New Poll: Python vs R vs rest; 4 Industries Being Transformed by Machine Learning and Robotics; A Guide to Understanding AI Toolkits
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 09-15: #Tensorflow tutorials and best practices; Top Influencers for #DataScience - Aug 16, 2017.
Also 37 Reasons why your #NeuralNetwork is not working; Making Predictive Model Robust: Holdout vs Cross-Validation.
- New Poll: Python vs R vs rest: What did you use in 2016-17 for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning tasks? - Aug 15, 2017.
Python vs R vs Other - What did you use for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning work in 2016-17? Vote and we will analyze and report results and trends.
- Top Stories, Aug 7-13: Data Science Primer: Basic Concepts for Beginners; What Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Can Do – And What It Can’t - Aug 14, 2017.
Also: How I Used Deep Learning To Train A Chatbot To Talk Like Me; Making Predictive Models Robust: Holdout vs Cross-Validation; How Convolutional Neural Networks Accomplish Image Recognition?; Top Influencers for Data Science
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Friendly Suggestions re: Coding Practices; Racist AI How-To Without Really Trying - Aug 10, 2017.
Why can't you guys comment your f*cking code?; Train Chrome's Trex character to play independently; How to make a racist AI without really trying; Is training a NN to mimic a closed-source library legal?; 37 Reasons why your NN is not working
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 2-8: PyTorch: concise overview of the framework and its tensor implementation - Aug 9, 2017.
Also: What is the most important step in a #MachineLearning project? #MachineLearning Algorithms: a concise technical overview; McKinsey state of #MachineLearning and #AI.
- Top July Stories: The 4 Types of Data Analytics - Aug 8, 2017.
Also: 6 Reasons Why Python Is Suddenly Super Popular; When not to use deep learning; Machine Learning Applied to Big Data, Explained
- Data Science and Big Data – Download Best Practices Report - Aug 7, 2017.
Download Best Practices Report: Data Science and Big Data - Enterprise Paths to Success, where our research team takes a look at experiences with and plans for big data and data science.
- Top Influencers for Data Science - Aug 7, 2017.
We report on top influencers in Data science in 2017 and compare with similar reports reports from 2016.
- Top Stories, Jul 31-Aug 6: Machine Learning Algorithms: A Concise Technical Overview; Train your Deep Learning model faster and sharper: Snapshot Ensembling - Aug 7, 2017.
Also: Beautiful Python Visualizations: An Interview with Bokeh Core Developer; How will Big Data companies monetize data in 2018?; What is hardcore data science – in practice?; DeepSense: Time-series mobile sensing data processing; The Machine Learning Abstracts: Decision Trees
- EDISON Data Science Framework Release 2 - Aug 4, 2017.
EDSF provides a conceptual basis for the Data Science Profession definition, targeted education and training, professional certification, organizational and individual skills management and career transferability.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 26 – Aug 01: 37 Reasons why your #NeuralNetwork is not working; Machine Learning Exercises in Python - Aug 2, 2017.
Also Hill criteria for #causality vs #correlation via #xkcd cartoons; #MachineLearning Workflows in #Python from Scratch Part 2: k-means Clustering