ICS (Prague): AVAST Fellowships in machine learning and data science
The fellows will have an excellent opportunity to cooperate with internationally recognized scientists at ICS and participate in cutting edge technology projects in the interest of AVAST, maker of the most trusted antivirus in the world.
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
The Institute of Computer Science (ICS) of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic in cooperation with AVAST Software (AVAST) offers two one-year fellowships for outstanding and enthusiastic researchers, PhD holders, from all over the world, open to cooperation with some of the scientific teams of the ICS (www.cs.cas.cz) and with AVAST specialists.
AVAST Software (www.avast.com), maker of the most trusted antivirus in the world, protects nearly 200 million people, computers and mobile devices with its security applications. In business for over 25 years, AVAST is one of the pioneers in the computer security business, with a portfolio covering everything from free antivirus for PC, Mac, and Android, to premium suites and services for both consumers and business. In addition to being top-ranked by consumers on popular download portals worldwide, AVAST is certified by, among others, VB100, AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, OPSWAT, ICSA Labs, and West Coast Labs.
- The fellows will have an excellent opportunity to cooperate with internationally recognized scientists at ICS and participate in cutting edge technology projects in the interest of AVAST.
- Publishing research findings through scientific reports, research proposals and scientific papers is envisaged, taking into account spheres of free and protected research specified by AVAST (due to the nature of the research and sensitivity of the data).
- Fellows will have opportunity to contribute to a range of projects including machine learning applications in computer security and big data analysis of behavioral data collected from millions of Internet users over extended periods of time.
- Ideally, fellowship will be awarded to individuals with a complementary range of expertise, covering machine learning, data science and statistical and numerical methods.
- Each fellowship is of 12 months duration, prolongation is possible.
- Starting date: 01 March 2014 or upon agreement, but not later than 01 September 2014.
- Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
The applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Brief description of applicant's research interests and concept of cooperation with ICS and AVAST.
- Three recommendation letters - at most one from ICS and at most one from the applicant's current affiliation. The referees should send their recommendations directly to email@example.com.
- Have completed the PhD before starting the grant (a proof will be requested).
- Have obtained a PhD degree during the last 10 years (prior to the application deadline) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other related discipline, and have a strong publication record, commensurate with opportunity and experience.
- Be fluent in English.
This is a full-time fixed term contract appointment.
Monthly salary 36 500 CZK (after tax), which is approx. 1300 EUR, is guaranteed.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michal Chytil, director