- How Data Science is Fighting Disease - Feb 22, 2016.
Many organisations are starting to use Data Science as a method of tracking, diagnosing and curing some of the world’s most widespread diseases. We look at 3 common diseases, and how Data Science is used to save lives.
- Interview: Emmanuel Letouzé, Data-Pop Alliance on Big Data and Human Rights – A Complex Affair - Apr 22, 2015.
We discuss the founding story of Data-Pop Alliance, the applications and implications of Big Data on Human Rights and the need for penetration of Data Literacy.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Year in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in October - Dec 29, 2014.
Data mining classics: Classifying Shakespearean Drama; Air traffic data is being analyzed to predict Ebola Spread; A Great Collection of #MachineLearning Algorithms; Best Programming Language for Machine Learning.
- Top stories in October: Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? - Nov 4, 2014.
Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning, make other algorithms obsolete?; DM Radio: Predictive Tools Are Pervasive, with KDnuggets; Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration.
- Top stories for Oct 19-25: Ebola Data Science Lessons; DM Radio, Oct 30 on Predictive Tools with KDnuggets, Predixion - Oct 26, 2014.
Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; DM Radio: Predictive Tools Are Pervasive, with KDnuggets, Predixion, RedPoint, and Appnomic, Oct 30; Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge; TweetNLP: Twitter Natural Language Processing.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 20-21: 4 ways to become a Data Scientist w/out a PhD; Ebola and Data Science Lessons - Oct 22, 2014.
4 ways to become a Data Scientist w/out getting a PhD; Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; Apple: Data Analyst; How to Be a Data Scientist: An Interview with Dr. Pete Meyers of Moz.
- KDnuggets 14:n27, Ebola Data Science Lessons; Data Science methodology? Spotlight on Academic Research - Oct 22, 2014.
Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; New Poll: Methodology for Analytics, Data Mining Projects? Can Data Science Save Humanity from Mosquitoes? GraphDB - 3 versions; DM Radio with KDnuggets, Predixion on Oct 30.
- Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons - Oct 20, 2014.
We analyze latest Ebola data, examine the recent slowdown in growth of cases in Liberia, and analyze its likely causes. Many problems with data lend themselves to good data science lessons.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 17-19: Air traffic analyzed to predict Ebola spread; Cool public data for data science - Oct 20, 2014.
Air traffic data analyzed to predict Ebola spread; Some cool public data sources you can use for your next data science project; Data science can't be point and click ! Finding random correlation is too easy; Bayes Rule in an animated gif.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 15-16: STOP and THINK cartoon; Math Model predicts Ebola to burn out in December - Oct 17, 2014.
STOP and THINK, sometimes the simplest caption is the best; This model tracks Ebola outbreak well so far, predicts Ebola to burn out in December; BAH launches online course "Explore Data Science"; Watch: R wizard Hadley Wickham dplyr tutorial at useR! 2014 conf.
- Top stories for Oct 5-11: Analyzing Ebola spread; Data science shows surveys may assess language more than attitudes - Oct 12, 2014.
Analyzing Ebola - Is it spreading at exponential rate?; Data science shows surveys may assess language more than attitudes; Making Sense of Public Data - Wrangling Jeopardy.
- KDnuggets 14:n26, Analyzing Ebola and World Events; Mirador, a free tool for visual exploration - Oct 8, 2014.
Is Ebola spreading exponentially? Mirador, free data exploration tool; GDELT data on World Events; Surveys may assess language more than attitudes; KDnuggets Pass to Big Data TechCon; 17 jobs, and much more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 3-5: Best Programming Languages for Machine Learning; Analyzing Ebola - Oct 6, 2014.
Best Programming Language for Machine Learning: R, Python, MATLAB - when yo use what; Analyzing Ebola - Is it spreading at exponential rate?; 31,000 people/hour are joining the new private social network Ello; Booking: Data Scientist.
- Analyzing Ebola – Is it spreading at exponential rate? - Oct 4, 2014.
We examine how fast Ebola actually spreads in West Africa, and find a very different situation in Liberia, Guinea, and Sierra Leone. Unfortunately, recently it does spread exponentially.